In your role as Commercial Manager, you will assist with the implementation of commercial strategies by working with the Catalyst Development Land, Technical, Sales & Marketing and Affordable delivery teams, and PR. You will assist the Head of Commercial in achieving targets and managing performance for the successful delivery of all tenures with a focus on achieving and improving on budgeted project costs and fess to deliver value for money.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
Our purpose at Catalyst is to provide ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Are you an experienced Commercial Manager with demonstrable experience of managing commercial issues on complex projects and implementing successful value for money strategies?
- Do you have an appropriate professional qualification such as Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors?
- Are you target and results orientated with a strong commitment to delivering high levels of performance and professionalism?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join us on a permanent basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Commercial Manager you will:
- Provide accurate cost advice on projects throughout the project life as well as providing cost advice for bid preparation for land and new business opportunities.
- Assist in setting the project and construction budgets, and monitor and review expenditure against those budgets.
- Update the Development team on matters that may affect project costs.
- Have good financial and budgeting skills and an ability to produce accurate forecasts and manage costs on large projects.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen and strong market analysis along with good report writing and IT skills.
- Have solid project management experience and the ability to juggle projects and resources with changing requirements and priorities.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
View the full Role Profile
View the Catalyst Privacy Statement
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 27 days paid annual leave up, to a maximum of 30 days
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 9% by us
- Flexible and agile working
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Commercial Manager, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.