The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have a permanent, part-time opportunity for an Extra Care Scheme Manager to join us in Bristol, working 17.5 hours per week. We are flexible and open to discuss your availability to complete these working hours.
Reporting into the Independent Living Manager you will be responsible for managing 2 Administrators, and the Cleaning team across 3 schemes in Bristol.
Overview of the role
We’re looking for someone with a strong track record of leading a team to deliver exceptional levels of customer service and who’ll effectively manage the facilitation and scheduling of our Extra Care schemes whilst maintaining amazing service levels.
You’ll be someone who enjoys being a motivational leader and promoting Guinness whilst modelling our behaviours. You’re the sort of manager who has high standards, is both a pace-setter and works collaboratively at all levels. Most of all, you enjoy enabling your team to be the best they possibly can be.
Reporting into the Independent Living Manager, this exciting role provides an intensive housing management service to residents living in our Extra Care scheme. This role is responsible for the whole scheme, including line management of a number of staff on site and Health & Safety of the Buildings and our Customers. You and your team will deliver a high-quality housing support to our residents to enhance quality of life, whilst maintaining independence and privacy.
You will work in partnership with Social Services and third parties to ensure the needs of our customer are met.
- Demonstrates a sensitive and supportive approach to vulnerable people maintaining their dignity and self-respect at all times.
- Experience of managing a service providing care and support to older people and of the promotion and improvement of service delivery working closely and in consultation with customers.
- Experience of managing budgets and a good understanding of commercial data.
- Knowledge of welfare benefits and experience of dealing with harassment and nuisance.
- Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions, but within existing system.
- Good IT skills and an ability to write reports. Good communication skills.
- Understanding of current issues in the provision of social housing and care for the elderly and the ageing process, has empathy with elderly people and able to assist customers within the confines of manual handling techniques.
- Experience of management, motivating/leading staff.
- Social Housing Management experience and computerised rent accounting systems.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance and related matters.
- Experience of preparation and presentation of court cases.
- Experience of managing health.
Please note that a holding a full clean UK driving licence is desirable for this role.