Anti-Social Behaviour Officer
Full time Salary: £30,451 - £34,728
12 month Fixed Term contract
Closing Date: 17/10/2021
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you're looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
Please note that this role is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK
As an ASB officer you will work as part of the Anti-Social Behaviour Team within the Housing and Regeneration Service to deliver outstanding housing, community and support services, and contribute to the delivery of the Council’s strategic objectives. You will be part of a team of highly trained professionals, delivering a robust response and proactive approach to Anti-Social Behaviour and Social Housing Fraud. 12 month Fixed Term contract.
- To risk assess and manage nuisance and complex ASB cases working with multiple external partners.
- To identify potentially volatile, problematic situations and manage appropriate solutions and early interventions.
- Promptly and professionally investigate cases of Anti-social Behaviour and potential social housing fraud.
- Build excellent internal and external working relationships to enhance service delivery.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- 5 GCSEs grade A-C including English (or equivalent level of educational attainment).
- Qualified to professional standard in a discipline relevant to Anti-Social Behaviour or substantial experience in this field.
- Evidence of current knowledge and competency of ASB, Social Housing Fraud and the legal framework, legislation and codes of practice.
- Manage own workload to deliver an effective service, by planning, prioritising and completing tasks in a timely manner.
- Able to demonstrate people management skills.
- Proven ability to bring different teams and agencies together as a team in order to deliver complex outcomes.
- Able to demonstrate an awareness of IT systems and able to use Word and Excel.