A member of The Guinness Partnership, Guinness Care is a charitable organisation that specialises in accommodation based support services for older people. Our staff are hardworking and enthusiastic. We want to provide a great person-centred service to enable our customers to live independently, to have positive, connected and healthy lives. In return, we offer a rewarding job with excellent benefits alongside outstanding training and development.
About the Role
We have an opportunity for an Independent Living Manager to join our team in Greater Manchester & High Peak area. This is a full-time, permanent vacancy working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the Head of Independent Living, you’ll be directly responsible for overseeing and monitoring the delivery of intensive housing management services in a number of Guinness’ sheltered housing schemes and for managing a team of Independent Living Advisors working on site. You will be working in a team of other Independent Living Managers who fulfil the same role in locations across the north of England.
You will need to be flexible as you will to travel to between schemes as and when required so a full UK Driving Licence and access to your own vehicle is essential for this role.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to demonstrate a supportive and professional approach to older people maintaining their dignity and self-respect
- Ability to work successfully with a diverse range of customers
- Commitment to, and understanding of, services that enable older people with support needs to live independently
- Good communication skills including interpersonal, written and computer literacy
- Strong and effective proven management skills with the ability to motivate, challenge and develop others
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to provide a wide range of housing management services and advice
- Experience of managing a team
- Full UK Driving License and access to your own vehicle
- Relevant professional qualification in social care or housing management.
- Experience of delivering support services to customers.
- Experience of working with regulatory frameworks.
- Experience delivering housing management services to customer and/or other partner agencies.
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and to ensure you meet the essential criteria.
Advert Closing Date: Wednesday 29th September 2021 at midnight
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.