Temporary – 18 months FTC
Agile working – home working/Head Office in Sale, Manchester
What Trafford Housing Trust can offer you:
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance with family friendly policies and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include:
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Free Trafford Leisure Gym Membership
- Access to Westfield Health Plan
- Annual leave allowance of 31 days per annum
Trafford Housing Trust’s software development team builds & supports a range of products using the latest Microsoft Tooling, including:
- A number of websites (e.g. Laurus Homes website, which combines the latest google maps APIs along with typescript, CSS, HTML, C#, Umbraco and integration with Dynamics 365 CRM, and Trafford Housing Trust website).
- Digital online service for customers
- A number of internal business applications.
We’re looking for a Senior .NET Developer to work as part of a growing team, with bold ideas for best practices in the full SDLC, using the latest Microsoft tooling. The right candidate will need to have:
- Strong skills in C# 7+
- SQL 2016, TSQL, database design and development
- Entity Framework 6, Dapper or similar skill
- ASPNET Core, Framework (MVC + Razor)
- HTML5 + CSS3, SASS
- Passionate to learn and improve self as well as code.
- Full Software Development Lifecycle experience
- Azure Dev-ops or similar
- Good OO Skills including Solid principles
Desirable skills include:
- Design patterns experience such as Repository and Factory
- Any solution design experience beneficial
- Unit testing experience
- Appreciation for Umbraco 7 or 8, Angular 6+ and TypeScript
- Exposure to D365, SharePoint/CSOM
- Ability to talk to large groups at various levels and mentor colleagues
- Pair programming, and peer review of code
- Agile/Scrum/Kanban or alternative project management experience
Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is an independent housing company providing more than 9,000 quality affordable homes within the Trafford area of Manchester and across the North West. As a social enterprise, we are a ‘profit-for-purpose’ organisation, striving for a society transformed, free from poverty, inequality and injustice.
We have recently joined the L&Q Group, in an exciting deal that will see us build 20,000 new homes across the NW. This represents ambitious growth and a huge vote of confidence in THT’s team and track record.
We’re actively building diverse teams and encourage applications from everybody. We want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities we serve.
Closing Date: 8th October 2021
The Trust reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy early should a suitable candidate be found