Up to 25 hours per week available; 4 week rolling rota
We are looking for a Care Assistant who understand it’s the little things that can make the biggest difference – making a difference together is at the heart of what we do.
As an Orwell Care Assistant, you’ll play a vital role in the lives of our customers, giving them the choice to stay in the comfort of their own homes and supporting them with everything they need to do to live well.
You will work mostly alone in someone’s home but will be part of a care team for the benefit and wellbeing of all the tenants who live at the service. No two days will be the same and you will receive the learning and development you need to thrive in Orwell.
In caring for our customers, your main duties will include:
- personal care
- medication administration
- supporting people through temporary or terminal illness
- helping with eating and drinking
- light domestic duties such as bed making
- support with social, physical activities and mental stimulation such as hobbies and recreation
All our customers ask is that you have the time to listen, you respect them, and you are understanding and patient.
You will be warm and friendly and have a natural caring nature, great sense of humour and a positive energy that brings a smile to people’s faces.
- you are a great listener with a caring and supportive attitude
- you want to make a difference every day
- you focus on the individual and not the routine
- you are warm and friendly and have a natural caring nature, great sense of humour and a positive energy that brings a smile to people’s faces
About Blackbourne View:
Blackbourne View is situated in the village of Ixworth, West Suffolk.
Working in partnership with Housing 21, Blackbourne View consists of 33 self-contained one- and two-bedroom apartments across two floors. Each apartment is fully accessible for wheelchair users.
If supporting and caring is for you, making a difference for others is what we do.
We are an organisation committed to making a difference to local people. Caring for and supporting people has become central to what we do. Orwell lives by its values – we understand it’s the little things that can make the biggest difference and making a difference together is at the heart of what we do.
As part of our benefits package, you can enjoy –
- 22-26 days annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays
- access to the Orwell Rewards platform
- reward and recognition awards
- free DBS checks
- free Hepatitis and Flu vaccination
- ongoing training and development
Closing date: 23rd September 2021
Interviews: 1st October 2021
Full PPE will be provided including certified face masks and will be required to be worn at all times in line with current Public Health England guidelines.
Orwell is committed to safeguarding and safer employment and the principles of empowerment. Successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.