At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Rent and Service Charge Manager, your ability to manage the provision of accurate service charge and rents information will have a real impact on our residents.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Rent and Service Charge Manager, you will be responsible for setting and monitoring service charge budgets across the organisation.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- Responsible for the accurate calculation, setting and issue of all service charges, for our tenanted and leasehold properties.
- Responsible for rent setting and managing the contents insurance process; ensuring compliance with legislation, regulation, policy and best practice. Ensure that the Rent and Service Charge team provides an excellent customer focused professional service to tenants and leaseholders.
- To support the annual service charge budgeting and actual audit process.
- To manage the relevant rent accounting function, including write offs and allocation of payments to accounts. Manage the relationship the Local Authority in relation to rent refunds, housing benefits overpayments etc.
- Responsible for providing complaint resolution within the scope of the rent and service charge function.
- To advise and implement lease terms, statutory measures and their policies relevant to the management of shared ownership and leasehold properties.
- To provide specialist advice and guidance to colleagues on matters relating to rents and service charge.
- Manage a team that strive to provide an excellent service to both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring that clear objectives are discussed and agreed, using the organisation’s My Performance Conversation (MPC) process. Hold regular 1-1 meetings, performance review and appraisals are held and employees are developed appropriately.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
This role is agile working with some days being office-based.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.