We are looking for a qualified Plumber, ideally with experience of working within Social Housing, to complete various activities including repairs, diagnostics and replacements to a high standard and in line with company standards.
Connect Property Services Limited is our wholly owned subsidiary of Catalyst Housing Limited, offering a full range of repairs and maintenance services to Catalyst customers’ homes, across Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire and West London.
Catalyst Housing Limited are one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
Our purpose at Catalyst is ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Are you a qualified Plumber with previous experience of working in Social Housing?
- Do you have a commitment to providing great customer service?
- Can you work under your own initiative and take ownership of issues/problems, seeing them through to a satisfactory conclusion?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Plumber to join us on a permanent basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Plumber, you will:
- Ensure all work is carried out within the allocated time frame to a high standard and quality and communicate progress to colleagues.
- Comply and adhere to all Health & Safety regulations including PPE, COSHH and RAMS.
- Ensure you maintain accurate job records in line with company and legislative requirements.
- Work with Asbestos and be willing to undertake asbestos training including face fit.
- Have knowledge of manual handling, ladder safety, working at height, abrasive wheels, first aid, health and safety.
- Be respectful to customers, neighbours, homes and personal items.
- Hold relevant qualifications including: NVQ level 2/3 Plumbing, C&G 6189: Plumbing and Domestic Heating, C&G 3345: Water Regulations & Unvented Water, CSCS or equivalent, Part P Electrical.
This role is subject to a Basic DBS check and will require a full, clean driving licence.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
View the full Role Profile
View the Catalyst Privacy Statement
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- 22 days paid annual leave and will accrue an additional day of annual leave based on length of service
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 5% by us
- Hundreds of exclusive discounts and freebies from the UK’s biggest brands
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Plumber, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.