Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £90 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have a part time (30 hours per week) opportunity for a Support Worker at Grove Gardens Flats which is a supported living scheme for 8 service users with varying support needs and abilities. Each service user has their own flat and support is provided on an individual basis.
If you have previously worked in a care setting and have experience of providing support to vulnerable people, this role could be perfect for you. With relevant experience, you will have the ability to recognise the wishes of our service users and communicate with them effectively. Demonstrating respect for confidentiality and a caring attitude, you will also use your own initiative, carrying out practical and administrative tasks as and when required.
To apply you will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system. This will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work with a `can do` attitude. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
You will need to have good IT skills and be prepared to drive our service user vehicles.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £17,676 pa for a 30hour week
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory right to work, enhanced DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
During the pandemic we are following Government guidance regarding reducing transmission rates.
This means we are taking every precaution to keep you and everyone involved safe during the recruitment process. It also means that if legislative or other requirements change in the future, we may need to make vaccination mandatory for staff joining us. These matters can be discussed at interview.