Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
We describe this new approach as NWOW: New Ways of Working. NWOW is about meeting business outcomes, you’ll enjoy greater autonomy over how you deliver your role, how you manage outputs and when you spend time at work, allowing you to benefit from any productivity gains in the course of delivering your role.
This shift in culture will be built on a mature and mutual relationship of trust between managers and yourselves, ensuring we live up to one of our key values of Build Trust. By working with this new relationship model we can aim toward focusing on ‘outputs’ and not ‘outcomes’. Space is allocated to ‘activities’ and not ‘individuals’ by providing a range of flexible working options that benefit both customers and staff. As a result your work can takes place at the most effective location and at the most effective time. Put simply, flexibility becomes the norm rather than the exception. This is the new Origin Housing way of working.
Our vision for this role
We’re looking for a committed and motivated person to work as part of our team to help us deliver a high quality IT service to our organisation, ensuring Origin’s services meet business needs and strategic objectives. We’re looking for someone who has a keenness to share ideas and knowledge to support and develop other members of the IT team. Flexibility is appreciated as you’ll be called upon to work across offices on occasions to carry out hardware upgrades and maintenance of equipment at other offices.
What you’ll do
The ideal candidate will work within the Service Delivery team and work with the Infrastructure team to ensure service requests are resolved to a high standard and staff are updated regularly. This is a rewarding and exciting position, responsible for finding answers and resolutions to queries and issues escalated by the service desk. You will administer and monitor the organisation’s IT services to ensure they are maintained and secure in line with recognised industry best practice.
Take the lead
· Provide support for business applications such as Dynamics 365 CRM, Housing Management System (Orchard), Purchase Order System (Proactis), Finance systems (SUN Accounts, Q&A), Skype for Business, Citrix, Microsoft Office 365 and Windows 10
· Provide support for IT hardware assets such as Desktops, Laptops, tablets, Thin Clients/Terminals, Mobiles, Multifunction Devices (Printers), Interactive Screens
· Administer the Active Directory accounts, including set up new users and close leaver’s accounts.
· Support on the configuration and business as usual maintenance of applications and processes Cover the IT Service Desk and provide first and second line technical support to customers by phone, online and face-to-face. With an aim to resolve support requests at the first point of contact
Come forward with a can-do attitude
- Occasionally visiting our other offices to ensure that all IT equipment is being maintained and upgraded in line with head office
- Manage day-to-day support queries ensuring helpdesk support targets and KPI’s are met, and that service levels and user expectations are achieved on all applications within Origin.
- Escalate calls to third party suppliers as necessary and track progress until completion.
- Train staff in systems and business process and provide user documentation so that they can work effectively.
- Carry out other duties as may from time to time be reasonably requested by Senior IT Staff.
What you’ll need
We operate at a high level; you’ll need to demonstrate a track record in delivering high performance and outcomes. You will need excellent problem-solving skills and be able to apply this to technical solutions.
A motivational approach
Collaboration is highly important; you’ll need to demonstrate your experience of customer care and using your own initiative and judgement to get issues resolved.
Relationship building skills
We reach out to third parties to help us; you’ll need experience of setting up and maintaining successful partnerships.
A strategic brain
We move things forward and get things done; you’ll need experience of planning and organising personal and collaborative work loads.
Confident writing skills
You’ll need to be a confident and clear communicator across all channels but, specifically, you’ll need experience of producing accurate system documentation for a variety of audiences.
Knowledge and Qualifications
· ITIL v3 or above (Desirable)
· Knowledge of IT and its line of business apps
· Knowledge of IT legislation including software licensing, Computer Misuse Act, Investigatory Powers Act, General Data Protection Act
· GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
• 1-2 years’ experience working in an IT team within an enterprise or large size organisation
• Experience or managing and administering a Microsoft environment, including cloud and on-premise technologies.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
- Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
- Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
- An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
- A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
- An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement
See our new benefits portal where you can select the options that suit your lifestyle.
Closing date: 08 October 2021