Thinking of a change? Why not join a successful compliance and programme works team?
Orwell Housing Association provides homes for over 7,500 residents throughout Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridge.
We have an embedded culture of collaboration and strong working relationships, and we have an underlying belief that Together we make a difference.
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Compliance and Planned Works, who will lead across Orwell’s assets; ensuring it complies with all statutory regulations and that Orwell’s approved programme of improvement works is delivered to its existing stock.
The Head of Compliance and Planned Works will lead the team responsible for Compliance and the Planned works, ensuring the highest quality and customer service standards are delivered and tracked to enable monthly tracking reporting.
As part of this role, you will:
- ensure that the organisation’s statutory duties, obligations and its objectives are achieved in respect of Gas Servicing, Asbestos, Legionella, Fire Risks, Lifts, Electrical and other associated Mechanical and Electrical Services
- ensure legislative property compliance activities within the associations stock are on time and within budget, to ensure the safety of customers, colleagues, and contractors
- keep up to date on current trends in compliance best practice and legislation
- provide necessary information and advice to staff, contractors, and stakeholders on ensuring compliance is effectively managed to current standards
- ensure the service delivered takes into consideration tenants both individually and collectively over matters that affect their homes, and ensure the Association provides a high-quality service
- monitor and ensure the approved programme of improvement works to Orwell’s existing stock is delivered on time and within budget, reporting any divergence to the Property and Construction Manager on a monthly basis
- work with the Head of Asset Management to ensure that a robust performance management system is implemented to ensure effective compliance is achieved
Our ideal Head of Compliance and Planned Works will have experience in delivering property improvement programmes, knowledge of compliance delivery and the monitoring of service delivery to ensure compliance, a proven record of being able to juggle and prioritise workloads and react to changing priorities and the ability to build collaborative relationships with others inside and outside of our organisation.
You will have proven experience in managing budgets and experience of leading and presenting on team and corporate training sessions in an engaging and informative manner.
The Head of Compliance and Planned Works will have:
- membership of an accredited professional body relevant to the sector, Association Safety Compliance Professionals, Institute Engineering Technology, International Fire Safety Council or similar
- a technical qualification of at least Level 3 in a related Compliance trade
- CIOB Level 6 Diploma in Building Safety Management.
A practical working knowledge of the following (not limited):
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1988
- Housing Act 2004
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 2003
- The Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Requirements for electrical installations IET wiring regulations 18th Edition BS7671:2018 (including all amendments)
- The Defective Premises Act 1972
- The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations eight Edition.
Why work for Orwell?
As well as working for a silver accredited Investors in People and Best Companies listed organisation, you can enjoy:
- 25 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays
- occupational sick pay (after 6 months’ service and up to six months full pay)
- access to the Orwell Rewards Platform
- loyalty awards and rewards
- bonus and referral scheme
- wellbeing token (used for yoga, gym classes, relaxation, beauty etc.)
- professional development
Plus, many more benefits.
Closing Date: this role will be available until we have found a suitable candidate
Interviews: 13th October 2021
Orwell is committed to safeguarding and safer employment and the principles of empowerment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.