37 hours Permanent Post – Lister Avenue, Sheffield
Lister Project is a CQC registered recovery residential mental health service for 25 adults, split over 5 separate houses in the Base green area of Sheffield.
Could you empower someone with enduring mental health issues to gain the most fromtheir life on their recovery journey?
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, positive and innovative individual to join our dedicated team at our registered mental health service in Sheffield. The role of a Key Worker includes supporting our customers to develop the skills necessary to maximise their independence. We are a service with a real commitment to supporting our customers to achieve their aspirations, goals and help them maximise their full potential. The role can be challenging and is highly rewarding.
For our perfect candidate, we are offering a great package of benefits, working in a caring and friendly team.
Some of SYHA’s benefits
- Starting salary of £19,193 (pro rata)
- Working Hours: Full Time – 37 hours per week - rota basis variable shifts including evenings, weekends & bank holidays.
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent training including free annual training and ongoing professional development including a leadership academy
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
More about the role:
The role of a Key Worker is to:
- Show enthusiasm for helping others, be approachable and encouraging with customers to support them in achieving their goals and aspirations
- Support our customers to gain the individual skills required to live more independent lives
Who you are:
You will be passionate about customer service and have a real commitment to supporting our customers to achieve their aspirations, goals and help them maximise their full potential. The successful candidate would need to:
- Have previous experience of supporting vulnerable people
- Demonstrate an understanding of individual supports needs and how to positively manage risk, whilst supporting our customers on their recovery journey
- Be a great communicator both verbally and in writing
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Capability to use a wide range of digital software
- Great organisational and observational skills
Who we are:
At South Yorkshire Housing Association, our purpose is for our customers to settle at home, live well and realise their potential.
Feeling settled and living well means different things to the people and families that live across South Yorkshire. So, we work with people in different ways – from our extra-care housing, to providing services and opportunities that individuals can access in their home, workplace and community, to creating houses for affordable rent.
Our employees enable us to create the best services, support, and experiences for our customers. We believe that difference makes us better, and that our services are made stronger by having a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders this role is an excluded job.
This role, or part of this role, is subject to legislation requiring you to have 2 doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccination unless you have a clinical medical exemption.
Please note that we may remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
Closing Date: Sunday 10th October
Interview Date: Thursday14th October