NHBC has a fantastic opportunity for a Customer Relationship Manager - Housing Association and Local Authorities, to join their Business Development team based in Milton Keynes. We would like to extend this opportunity to applicants in London and surrounding areas as a key aspect of the role will be liaising with our clients in London.
The role of the Customer Relationship Manager will be the sector lead for developing business in the housing association and local authority sector with new and existing clients, setting the business strategy short to mid-term (0-3 years) for these individual specialist areas, and driving the implementation of that strategy to meet agreed business goals. This will include account direction and maintaining relationships with customers.
About the role
- To establish and deliver short to mid-term business plans for engagement within housing association and local authority sectors.
- To promote and monitor the delivery of NHBC products and services to customers and prospects.
- Lead on an internal and external events strategy with these audiences. Furthermore, act as senior media spokesperson and commentator in supporting the external PR consultant / agency appointed to work with the alternative residential team.
- Contributing to the setting of NHBC policy and becoming involved in high profile claims where necessary.
- Enhancing NHBC’s profile externally and helping to maintain NHBC’s market position through developing and maintaining strong working relationships with customers and other stakeholders at a senior level.
- Awareness and understanding or NHBC’s core business
- Substantial and recent managerial experience in the alternative residential industry, strong relationship management skills
- Demonstrable experience of relationships and stakeholder management skills up to CEO and director level
- Expertise in housing association and local authority sectors
- Extensive experience of presenting to CEOs and senior management teams internally and externally
- Ability to write compelling business plans, business development strategies and specific business cases
- Must be willing and able to present NHBC and house building quality related topics to large audiences
- Understanding of the UK new home warranty market
- A good understanding of the NHBC Standards and Building Regulations. Able to describe the house building process and identify good and bad practice.
- Full driving licence.
Salary & Benefits
£71777 - £77596 per annum (depending on experience)
Company Car or Car allowance
Up to 15% performance related bonus.
27 days pa annual leave with option to purchase one additional week per year.
Pension scheme to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution).
Equalised Paternity, Maternity and Adoption Leave.
Life assurance of 4 x salary.
Private medical insurance.
Cycle purchase scheme.
High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
Employee assistance programme.
As part of our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint hybrid and electric cars are part of our company car range – once eligibility is reached this option will be available to you if your role requires a company car.
Apart from working with great colleagues who are passionate about what they do, we pride ourselves on developing individuals to achieve their full potential and offer exceptional personal development and career progression opportunities. We also support, sponsor and pay for training and membership to relevant professional organisations. All necessary equipment and other allowances associated with working from home will be provided.
Always happy to talk flexible working
We encourage employees to work flexibly in different ways including home working, field working and both formal and informal flexible working arrangements. We don’t promise we can offer you what you want, but we are always happy to talk flexible working. In the interview process we’ll discuss this more with you.
Diversity and Inclusion
NHBC is committed to equal opportunities for all. We are a signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant and the Women in Finance Charter. Our inclusive culture helps us to maintain competitive advantage as we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team. Underlying our overall commitment to equality is the fundamental belief in the right of all employees and customers to be treated with dignity and respect and to be guaranteed freedom from discrimination.
Excellent – Proud and professional in all that we do.
Connected - Collaborating, sharing and achieving success as a team.
Human - Challenging, supporting and respecting each other.
Progressive - Inspired by possibilities, learning and adapting together.