Specialist Housing Officer
Based at Head Office in Rudgeway, South Gloucestershire.
SALARY: £25,000 - £27,000 per annum pro rata (dependent on experience)
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
REPORTING TO: Specialist Housing Manager, part of the Housing Team.
Elim Housing Association is a small Housing Association who provide housing and support services over a wide geographical area. Our vision is ‘to meet housing need and deliver homes that change people’s lives’. Our aim is for our customers is to provide services that serve as a platform for growth, facilitating all our customers to achieve their aspirations. In this way, we make our homes truly life changing by ensuring that our service has a positive impact long after a person has left Elim accommodation.
Elim CARES Values were created in partnership with our customers, staff, Board and other stakeholders, and they represent our commitment to how we deliver our services and work together successfully:
C - Customers First – Customers are at the heart of our services and decision making.
A - Aspirational and Accountable – We are ambitious for our customers, staff and stakeholders. We work with integrity, learn from mistakes and do what we say we will.
R - Results – We work hard and deliver great results for our customers and for Elim.
E - Everyone’s view matters – We listen to understand, improve and build our services
S - Supportive – We tackle challenges head on and inspire each other to achieve our potential.
We are currently looking for a Specialist Housing Officer who will cover Gypsy and Traveller sites in Bristol and North Somerset as well help to cover a more generic housing to support delivery across the team when needed, including working with tenants in HMO’s and general needs accommodation.
Whilst experience of working with the GRT community is helpful, it is not essential to fulfil this role.
What you will be doing:
- Managing rent accounts and ensuring our residents access relevant means tested benefits and support wherever needed.
- Reletting tenancies and pitches ensuring void works are completed and re-letting is undertaken in a timely manner.
- Conducting regular estate and site inspections and acting on the findings within agreed timescales.
- Working in partnership with local providers to get the best outcomes for our residents.
- Working with residents and local authorities to resolve reports of anti-social behaviour.
- Deal effectively with complaints.
- Deal with any breaches of pitch licences or tenancy breaches in line with our procedures.
What you will need to be successful:
- Experience in a social housing or similar role
- Experience of arrears management, understanding of welfare benefits and promotion of income maximisation.
- Understanding of working with diverse communities.
- Experience of managing and developing respectful, productive and supportive relationships with residents, colleagues, managers and external agencies and stakeholders.
- A full driving licence, access to own transport and business use insurance
Elim employees benefit from:
- 25 days annual holiday rising to 30 days.
- Company pension.
- Life Assurance.
- Annual bonus
- Health cash plan, which includes discounts to a wide range of shops and services.
- Free onsite car parking
How to apply:
For more details on the role and to apply please visit our website.
Please Note: We will only consider applications received via our website.
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please ring the Specialist Housing Manager, Helen Screen, on 01454 411172
If you need any assistance with your application or for have any enquiries, please contact HR on 01454 411172.
Closing Date: Sunday 10th October 2021
Provisional Interview Date: Tuesday 19th October 2021
We are continuously developing our inclusive, values driven culture that welcomes and embraces the diversity of our staff and customers. We are keen to increase our own diversity and particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups.