At THT we are all about making communities and society in general, stronger, better, safer and happier. A new vacancy has opened in our Neighbourhood Development Team for a Decant Co-ordinator who will be responsible for the delivery of a comprehensive and customer focused rehousing, allocations and lettings service, whilst ensuring that empty properties are let quickly. The ability to demonstrate high levels of customer care by developing strong positive relationships through a range of communication channels will be a key requirement for the role.
The successful person will carry out all necessary tasks to ensure that the process of decanting a customer from one property to another is as easy as possible, this includes:
- Visiting customers in their homes to ascertain needs, vulnerabilities and disabilities as appropriate.
- Working closely with other teams to ensure the right properties are matched to the right customers first time and the ability to prioritise applications accurately
- Carrying out accompanied property viewings
- Booking ‘positive start’ interviews / carrying out simple affordability and eligibility checks and giving advice on a full range of housing options
- Developing and maintaining key partnerships including other Registered Providers, support agencies and applicant advocates
- Referring applicants to appropriate support where necessary
- Signing up transferring tenants and explaining rights and responsibilities
- Co-ordinating a smooth transition into new properties including carpeting, decorating and furniture removal and delivery
To grab our attention, you will be great at:
- Using your excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working under pressure and meet challenging performance targets
- Finding creative ways to deliver more in a better way
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment
- Excellent levels of attention to detail, logging information accurately
- Knowledge and experience of lettings policies and procedures, although this isn’t essential and can be learnt on the job
- Good time management skills
- A driving licence and access to a car
What Trafford Housing Trust can offer you:
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance with family friendly policies, and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include:
Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is an independent housing company providing more than 9,000 quality affordable homes within the Trafford area of Manchester and across the North West. As a social enterprise, we are a ‘profit-for-purpose’ organisation, striving for a society transformed, free from poverty, inequality and injustice.
We have joined the L&Q Group, in an exciting deal that will see us build 20,000 new homes across the NW. This represents ambitious growth and a huge vote of confidence in THT’s team and track record.
We’re actively building diverse teams and encourage applications from everybody. We want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities we serve.
Closing Date: 6th October however, please send your applications in as soon as possible as the closing date may be brought forward if enough quality applications are received prior to the current closing date.
Interviews W/C 11th October