The Guinness Partnership provides services to more than 140,000 customers in our 65,000 homes nationwide. With a turnover of £370m and a truly national presence, Guinness is one of the leading housing providers in the sector.
Within the new IT Service Management team, we have some ambitious goals, and we’re looking for the best people in the industry to support the growth and development of the department. At Guinness, we understand that our people are key to achieving our objectives and this new opportunity for an IT Service Support Manager is an important hire for the new team.
About the role
The successful candidate will lead and manage the IT Service Desk function and provide a single point of contact for all IT related incidents and requests across Guinness.
The IT Service Support Manager will provide leadership and guidance ensuring the team is motivated and able to perform the required activities effectively and competently with the aim of achieving optimal customer satisfaction. You will own the Incident Management process to ensure restoration to service occurs within agreed timescales and coordinate communication between IT and the business. You will also deliver a second line desktop support function and own the problem management process to ensure root cause analysis is carried out to minimise the impact of future incidents on the business.
What we’re looking for
You’ll be an experienced IT Service Support Manager and be able to demonstrate:
- Proven experience managing and leading a Service Desk function within an ITIL-driven Service Management organisation.
- Extensive experience in ITIL Service Operations processes gained through operating in a similar role.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships and influence senior stakeholders, and third-party organisations
- Ability to analyse situations and develop reactive and proactive solutions.
- Use of IT service management toolsets.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce accurate, concise reports.
- Experience in working with multiple third parties at all levels.
- Good business and financial awareness.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Leadership and Management Standard.
- Educated to A Level or equivalent.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- SDI Manager Certification or equivalent.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate (or equivalent).
- Further ITIL Qualifications (or equivalent).
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.