JOB TITLE: Contracts and Compliance Officer
RESPONSIBLE TO: Contracts and Compliance Team Manager
An essential member of the Contracts and Compliance Team, acting as a point of contact for information and advice on compliance activities and day to day enquiries. You will provide administrative support to the team, organising appointments, arranging diaries and liaising with contractors, outside agencies and other departments to coordinate activities. You will be responsible for investigating and responding to complaints raised. You will run reports to be able to issue programmes of work to contractors. You will assist with the running of the team in the absence of the Team Manager, including undertaking meetings.
- To ensure customer contact is achieved within set timescales, including taking telephone calls and responding to e-mails/letters
- To deliver excellent customer service in all interactions with the customer
- Deal with day to day repair enquiries received from the TCH help desk
- Deputise for the Contracts & Compliance team leader in their absence
- To assist with data and figures for the monthly KPI’s
- To assist with data for on-going audits
- General administrative support for the Contracts & Compliance Team
- To liaise with other departments, staff and outside agencies as appropriate
- To focus on continuous improvement using customer feedback and to assist with moving towards digital working
- Investigate and respond to any complaints that are received, liaise with contractors to gather information and provide a full detailed response to the complaint that has been raised
- To process letters and provide standard written responses in line with the requirements of the Contracts & Compliance Team
- Organise gas servicing appointments by phone, letter or email, will be working closely with the contractor to ensure all properties are 100% compliant each month
- Run weekly reports to ensure the gas data matches across all three systems
- Issue the Electrical Inspections programme of work to the contractor, keep in regular contact with the contractor to identify any access issues
- Carry out effective filing of electrical inspections certificates, input the data onto Integrator and file an electronic copy of the certificate to Smart Doc against the property
- Run weekly reports to ensure Electrical data is correct and detailed for each property
- Arrange the Landlord Electrical Inspection programme of work to ensure all communal supplies are always 100% compliant
- Liaise with the Passenger Lifts contractor to ensure all servicing is completed each month and to raise any faults to them
- Liaise with the Domestic Lifts contractor to ensure all servicing is completed either yearly or half yearly depending on type of lift that is installed and to raise any faults to them
- Liaise with the Insurance company to add and remove lifts from the current policy to ensure all data held is correct and up to date
- Ensure all Insurance inspections for Passenger Lifts, Domestic Lifts and Communal Boilers are completed
- Liaise with service contractors as necessary and be the main point of contact
- Organise contractor meetings, gather all relevant documents, produce a meeting agenda, produce accurate minutes from the meeting and ensure all documents are shared with the meeting members
- Ensure all Health and Safety files for the contractors are up to date and that current certificates are held on file
- Raise orders over to contractors ensuring they have a full detailed report of the repair required, with full address details and any contact details they may need
- Process invoices when received, ensuring that back up data matches the invoices to be processed and place any invoices on dispute where the back up data is missing or incorrect
- Issue post inspections to the surveyors for all invoices over £500 to ensure that the Value for Money standards are being adhered to
- Assist the Team Manager with budget figures, to provide details of how the budget looks and any reasons why the budget is over or under spent
- Issue invoices as Tenant Recharge where there was no fault found or the tenant has caused the damage that needed to be rectified
- Share information with the Former Tenant Arrears Income Manager with regards to any recharges that are being issued to assist with any disputes that are raised
- Allocate any referrals received to the surveyors for advice and to chase for responses to ensure all referrals are responded to in a timely manner
- Be a point of contact for all new starter at Town and country Housing, spending time with them to advise what Contracts and Compliance deal with and run through the team layout
- To arrange and undertake quarterly Questions and Answer Sessions with the Customer Service helpdesk to assist with common issues and training needs
- To attend training workshops or meeting groups held and to then to share the information and training to the rest of the team
- To be on an out of hours rota to help TCH’s out of hours call centre with relevant repair enquiries. The rota is normally one in five weeks and shared amongst the Asset and Contracts teams
- To adhere to the equal opportunities policy and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- Recognise, respect and promote the different roles and diversity of the individuals within the business.
- To actively contribute towards key performance indicators and professional standards.
- Work in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Data Protection Law and be responsible for the integrity of personal information you process. This may include identifying anomalies in data and investigating and correcting them where appropriate. Ensure you attend training on data protection regularly.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and relevant EC directives.
- To take responsibility for your own development and professionalism, ensuring that you keep up to date with new developments and continuously expand and build on your knowledge.
- Attend and participate in training and other meetings and staff events as required.
- Be an effective member of your team, presenting a positive impression of your section and the business.
- This job description is a guide to the nature of the work required. It is not comprehensive and it is expected that other duties will be undertaken as this role develops and as may be reasonably expected.