At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Team Support Assistant, your ability to provide an effective administrative support service to the Income Team could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Team Support Assistant, you will be responsible for providing an effective, flexible, responsive and people focused administrative support service to the Income Team, including garage rent recovery duties.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- To provide an effective administrative support service to the Income Team.
- Responsibility for managing incoming and outgoing communication including post, phone calls, text messages and emails.
- Effectively and proactively manage a case load to ensure rental income from garages is maximised.
- To attend garage evictions as and when required, completing an inventory of goods and arranging for removals and storage of goods.
- To support the recovery of former tenant arrears, taking a range of actions in the initial stages of the recovery process.
- To support the work of the Welfare Benefits Team, promoting and attending resident events.
This is 36 hour 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
This role is agile working with some days being office-based.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.