The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Asset Maintenance Surveyor to join our team in London on a permanent basis full time basis.
The team are responsible for delivering property surveying services to customers living in our homes, and for ensuring that new customers can expect to move into a home that is clean and safe, and one that meets our Empty Homes Standard.
Reporting to the Asset Maintenance Manager, you’ll be responsible for carrying out surveys to properties, including diagnosing the cause of complex building faults and failures. Preparing detailed specifications, and overseeing the contractors’ delivery of works, managing quality, value and progress, all in line with contract terms. Ensuing that customers receive an excellent service, are effectively consulted with, and kept informed;
you’ll work in tandem with Surveyors, Customer Liaison Officers, and other specialist teams within Guinness; to ensure efficient ways of working are practiced, and cross departmental co-operation results in improved service delivery. You will also work closely with external contractors, Local Authorities and other agencies in delivering a fully comprehensive service.
For a full list of the key responsibilities please review the role profile
What we’re looking for
We’re a customer-focussed organisation so we know that how we do things is just as important as what we do. You’ll not only be an experienced Maintenance Surveyor; but you’ll also have great customer service skills and a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done. You’ll also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent level of knowledge of building construction, standards, and legislation, and an ability to diagnose and specify remedies to building defects.
- Understanding of responsive repairs, void works, planned and cyclical repairs requirements.
- Ability and presence to be proactive and work on own initiative, with limited supervision, and be able to manage contractors delivering building works at project level including H&S, quality, value and progress with excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent standards of customer care and the ability to deliver accurate and clear communications in writing, face to face or by telephone
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, housing and property management systems.
- Ability to demonstrate Guinness behavioural competencies.
- Successful track record of delivering building surveying services, and management of substantial work programmes in a similar environment.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise a heavy workload, whilst working on a mobile basis, and keep excellent records
- A good understanding of the context of social housing.
- Experience of working with the NHF Schedule of Rates
- Experience of working within a commercially aware environment
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.