Assistant Support Worker - Hemel Hempstead
At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and supports people. In Hemel Hempstead we provide high-quality care and support to adults with learning disabilities and are looking for some great new Assistant Support Workers on a full time basis, to join our team who have the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference.
Who we are looking for
We`re keen to recruit individuals who care regardless of qualifications or experience. We care more about you sharing and demonstrating our values, which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
If you`re someone who has a `can do` attitude who is driven by the desire to make a difference and is able to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults then we will give you all the training and support you need to do the role including a qualification in health and social care if you don`t already have one.
We provide a 24 hour service so you must be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working as well as slee p-ins. You must also be able to drive and have access to a vehicle.
About the role
You`ll be working as part of a team to empower the people we support to lead independent and fulfilling lives with the support of a network of staff, social workers and local authority partners. Each day is different and will stretch your skills so you will continue to learn and develop. It`s a busy and fun role so you`ll never be checking how long you have until your shift ends!
The people we support are already on their way to being independent and therefore do not require support in personal care, the role requires you to use a positive approach to support them to continue to develop their independent living skills such as cooking, cleaning and budgeting as well as helping them to access the community and taking part in communal activities such as movie and games nights, Knit and Natter afternoons and walking groups. They love being involved in deciding how they are supported and we love hearing their ideas as it helps them to have more independence and choice.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £18,135pa for a 37.5hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
Closing date: Wednesday 20th October 2021
Interview date: Thursday 28th October 2021
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.