Trafford Housing Trust (THT) has a new and exciting opportunity for a Procurement and Contracts Buyer within the Finance Team. The Buyer will form an integral part of the Procurement and Contracts function in the delivery of procurement contractual activity and the achievement of THT business objectives. They will help to develop and implement strategies that are aligned with Group stakeholder needs, deliver consistent contract management and support commercially minded decision making across all business areas.
Reporting to the Procurement and Contracts Manager, the main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- THT are a registered charity and public sector contracting authority therefore the Buyer will need to ensure compliance with the PCR 2015 regulations as well as THT’s Policy and Procedures
- Actively carrying out a business partnering role to a wide range of business areas including HR, IT and Finance, as well as THT’s customer facing business areas
- Supporting the Procurement Manager to deliver the overarching Procurement Strategy and proposed procurement transformation objectives
- Assisting all areas of the business to develop and deliver strategies for the achievement of their key objectives in alignment with procurement governance
- Providing stakeholders with a range of options and solutions to maximise value for money and benefit to the business.
- Working with the Procurement Manager to develop, continually improve, and drive best practice ways of working
- Developing strong working relationships with suppliers and acting as their key business contact to resolve any contract or invoice queries
- Enabling the delivery of year-on-year savings and qualitative improvements
- Ensuring supplier compliance to contract terms and conditions by following clear contract management processes and contract SLAs/KPIs
- Identifying, incorporating and reporting cost and efficiency measures included in procurement projects; maintaining and updating THT’s Contracts Register
- Good working knowledge and demonstrable experience of the regulated procurement environment
- Proactive and commercially astute professional with excellent networking skills
- Capable of working with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in cost and price analysis
- Confident in working independently and making decisions
- Good understanding of contract formation
- Experience of managing contracts and monitoring suppliers through SLA and KPI performance
- Working towards CIPS is desirable
What Trafford Housing Trust can offer you:
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance with family friendly policies and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include:
We’re actively building diverse teams and encourage applications from everybody. We want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities we serve.
Trafford Housing Trust
THT is an independent housing company providing more than 9,000 quality affordable homes within the Trafford area of Manchester and across the North West.As a social enterprise, we are a ‘profit-for-purpose’ organisation, striving for a society transformed, free from poverty, inequality and injustice.
We have recently joined the L&Q Group, in an exciting deal that will see us build 20,000 new homes across the NW. This represents ambitious growth and a huge vote of confidence in THT’s team and track record.
Closing date: 19th October 2021