Radnor Lodge is an eight bed hostel for young homeless males aged between 16-18 years and Wiltshire House is a six bed hostel for young homeless females aged between 16-25 years in need of support. Both sites support some of the most disadvantaged young people in the community and offers an integrated solution to housing, personal development and training needs of the young people.
As our Senior Support Worker, you will deliver person-centred, strengths-based support to the young people accessing our Supported Housing services and lead and inspire a team of 9 Support Workers to do the same.
You will manage a caseload of customers through their journey, enabling them to articulate their aspirations and realise their potential. You will manage referrals into the service, undertake interviews and assessments, and notify potential customers of the outcomes of these activities. You will also induct new customers into the service and deliver quality, outcome focused support sessions in both one-to-one sessions and group sessions, to include sessions on finance and budget management, healthy relationships, mental health and wellbeing and employment skills.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Level 3 qualification in Health & Social Care (or equivalent).
- Be an inspiring, motivated and supportive leader.
- Have proven experience of working with vulnerable young people with support needs.
- Have proven experience of caseload management, with a clear focus on outcomes for customers and their wider community.
- Have working knowledge of housing and benefits advice.
- Have excellent communication skills, with the ability to work in a professional manner with a number of different agencies.
- The ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- IT literate and able to use Microsoft Office packages.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
At Stonewater we offer excellent benefits which help make us a great place to work:
- A retirement savings plan - up to 7% matched contribution rate
- Life assurance - 3.5x contractual pay
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Holiday starting at 26 days with the option to buy/sell
- Deals and Discounts on shopping, travel, optical etc.
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Company Day
- Values Award celebration events
- Team building days
And much more…
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?