We are looking for a Supervisor – Voids to ensure that we achieve efficient turnaround of void properties to company standards through the pro-active management of colleagues, contractor and suppliers.
Connect Property Services Limited is our wholly owned subsidiary of Catalyst Housing Limited, offering a full range of repairs and maintenance services to Catalyst customers’ homes, across Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire and West London.
Catalyst Housing Limited are one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
Our purpose at Catalyst is ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in a similar role within Property Maintenance?
- Are you a strong communicator with a good all round trade knowledge?
- Do you hold an NVQ Level 2/3 in a relevant trade?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Supervisor - Voids to join us on a permanent basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Supervisor - Voids you will:
- Proactively manage operatives, ensuring adherence to all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Have an organised approach and manage your time effectively and efficiently.
- Take ownership of issues/problems and personally see them through to delivery.
- Have an understanding of NHF Schedule of Rates.
- Have good management skills and be able to promote team working and good morale.
- Ensure all materials, equipment and time required are available to achieve a successful first-time fix and reduce follow on works.
- Be available for inclusion in the out of hours rota.
This role is subject to a Basic DBS check and will require a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
View the full Role Profile
View the Catalyst Privacy Statement
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- 25 days paid annual leave and will accrue an additional day of annual leave based on length of service
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 5% by us
- Hundreds of exclusive discounts and freebies from the UK’s biggest brands
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Supervisor – Voids, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.