Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
Our vision for this role
We’re looking for the right person to coordinate our Community development activities including social inclusion, young people & families, volunteering and financial inclusion initiatives, as well manage and maximise use of our community spaces.
You truly care about and have deep knowledge of issues affecting vulnerable people and the elderly. You want to make a difference to their wellbeing and understand that social isolation can happen anywhere and to anybody. This role is therefore also responsible for our ‘Ageing Better Programme’ – introduced to identify and respond to those who may be socially isolated.
You will lead on initiating and identifying specific initiatives as well as creating and maintaining key partnerships that maximise positive outcomes for our residents.
What you’ll do
This is a rewarding and exciting position – responsible for building relationships and trust both internally within your Origin team and externally with the community you serve.
Take the lead
- Deliver specific projects from the new community investment strategy
- Ensure smooth running of our community spaces including bookings and enquiries and addressing any health & safety issues
Give your time
- Identify, create and maintain partnerships with other organisations in the communities we work in– including community groups, charities, businesses and public sector organisations
Bring people together
- Work in partnership with volunteers and the community to maintain the delivery of WAAB Project in a sustainable way.
- Work with the local authority and partners and support initiatives that address social isolation experienced by some of our residents and communities
Come forward with a can-do-attitude
- Scale successful projects which meet needs of the community and contribute to project aims and outcomes
Go the extra, extra mile
- Keeping up to date with local and national opportunities for our residents and communities and sharing them.
What you’ll need
- Two years’ experience of Community Development work
- Experience with recruiting and managing volunteers
- Proven IT skills – Microsoft Office, social media, databases and online engagement.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining effective partnerships, internally & externally.
- GCSE Maths & English A-C
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
- Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
- Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
- An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
- A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
- An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement
See our new benefits portal where you can select the options that suit your lifestyle.
Closing date: 21/10/2021
Interview and assessment date: W/C 01/11/2021