The Development Director has overall responsibility for the management and direction of the English Rural development programme, up to the level requiring Executive Management Team (EMT) or Board decision, in accordance with English Rural Development Strategy, Policies and Procedures, and within financial Development Parameters approved by the Board of Management.
The Development Director is accountable, through the Chief Executive, to the Board of English Rural.
Primary responsibilities of the post are:
- To be the lead role in developing and delivering strategic growth ambitions;
- Leading the development team with overall responsibility for budgets, financial appraisal, programme delivery, procurement and project management;
- Providing financial support to the programme through the development of homes for market sale (as Managing Director of our subsidiary ER Homes Limited);
- Playing a positive and active role within the senior management team;
- Co-ordination of the provision of development agency services to other smaller organisations; and
- Stakeholder engagement and management commensurate with the position and delivering business ambitions.
- Manage the strategic direction of the development programme in accordance with agreed Business Strategy, Financial Business Plan and corporate policy;
- Provide professional advice and guidance to the Board of English Rural and subsidiaries on development compliance and best practice; including advising on any change in legislation, or change in regulation or guidance from Homes England, which may require a change in policy or strategy relating to development;
- Preparation and continual review of the adequacy and probity of English Rural Development Policies and Procedures, in line with SOFRs, corporate policy, government guidance and best practice;
- Managing and coordinating the activities of the development team;
- Manage and co-ordinate changes to design and performance standards or criteria;
- Monitor, manage and report on the development programme including performance of individual projects within the ER development programme;
- To be responsible for grant funding submissions Homes England, or local authorities, processing successful bids accordingly;
- Carry out role of Managing Director of English Rural’s subsidiary ER Homes Limited and be a Director of this Board;
- Manage and co-ordinate relevant audits with appointed internal auditors, Homes England and other relevant bodies;
- Report on proposals for/progress with development agency work on behalf of other associations or Community Land Trusts;
- Provide such scheme and development programme data as may be reasonably required by the Finance Director for accounting, funding, business planning or other purposes;
- Carry out such other duties and changes to responsibilities as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive
- To lead a motivated and effective development team, ensuring that staff are recruited, trained, managed, appraised and developed in accordance with agreed policy;
- To promote and act in accordance with agreed organisational culture, values and behaviours.
Closing date: Monday 8th November 2021
Please click the apply button to be taken to our website. Here you will be able to download the full recruitment pack and complete your application.
No agencies please.