About the Service
Latch House is a supported accommodation service in Lambeth for adult males who, in addition to needing support to address and manage their substance misuse, have a history of involvement with the criminal justice system. The focus of the service is to provide medium to long term focused rehabilitation and recovery support, and to support the Local Authority to prevent homelessness in the area.
About the role
To develop and maintain positive and supportive working relationships with a range of residents with complex health and support needs, including substance misuse and a history of offending behaviour.
- Demonstrable experience of working with individuals who have experienced substance misuse and / or dual diagnosis issues, ex-offenders and with service users who are homeless or at risk of homeless
- Knowledge of issues affecting those individuals with a range of support needs, and how to communicate effectively with these individuals and how to support them with dignity and respect
- Understanding of the principles of recovery as an ethos and a range of recovery approaches
- Ability to work as part of a team, on own initiative and to oversee induction of new peer staff and volunteers
- Awareness of health and safety issues
- Please see the attached job description for full role responsibilities
Hestia is a vibrant charity that has been supporting and empowering vulnerable adults and children since 1970.