About the Service
Hestia Wandsworth & Richmond Domestic Abuse Service is accommodation and community based service, supporting women and children fleeing domestic and other gender based violence.
About the role
An exciting opportunity to provide immediate high quality trauma informed support and advice to victims of domestic abuse. Some other responsibilities include:
- To link the service users to longer term community support and to provide hospital staff with training and advice.
- To take part in supervision and appraisal and take up opportunities to self develop within the organisation and externally.
- Attend all relevant internal and external training
- To attend meetings or forums addressing the needs of the service users and children who have experienced domestic abuse and other gender-based violence
- To ensure that the Lone Working policy is adhered to and all staff members have a risk assessment in place.
- Excellent knowledge of the impact of domestic abuse and other gender based violence on survivors and their children
- Experience of providing emotional and practical support to survivors of domestic abuse and other gender based violence
- Ability to build positive relationships with the service users and to work in a non-judgmental way and non-directive way to empower the service users to achieve their goals and aspirations
- Experience of risk assessing, safety and support planning for the survivors of domestic and other gender based violence
- Awareness of risks associated with domestic violence in a working environment
Hestia is a vibrant charity that has been supporting and empowering vulnerable adults and children since 1970.