1 x Permanent, Full Time.
1 x Temporary 8 Months, Full Time.
Could you empower someone to gain the most from their life?
We believe that everyone has a right to a safe and secure place to call home, and the stability that it brings.Our aim is to help our customers maintain a stable, independent home and intensive personalised support.
We are seeking 2 enthusiastic and innovative Key Workers to join our expanding friendly team in Rotherham providing support, care, and housing management with the aim of reducing homelessness and social exclusion.Our Key Workers support our customers to develop the skills necessary to maximise their independence.
- Salary Scale: 3CDE1 £19,193 per annum, plus essential car user and mileage
- Working Hours: Monday – Friday - 37 hrs
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days per annum, pro rata.
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
- Pension contribution
- Access to a wide range of programmes to train and develop you.
More about the role:
The role is to provide a compassionate service which is responsive to customers choice and needs, you will enable customers to live as independently as possible and you will maximise the control they have over their lives through equipping them to take charge of decisions that affect them.The role can be challenging and is highly rewarding. To be successful in this role you will:
- Work with customers focusing on their strengths to build their confidence to a level where they feel they can live independently and achieve their potential.
- Equip each customer with personal, social, vocational and practical life skills; enabling them to take control of their life and live independently within the community.
- Meeting defined key performance indicators / targets and outcomes for customers you will respond to complaints, incidents of Anti-Social Behaviour and follow agreed recording practices and policies.
- You will demonstrate a positive, sensitive and constructive approach to working with customers, colleagues and professionals.
- Show enthusiasm about helping others, be approachable and encouraging with customers to achieve their goals
Who you are:
You will have a real commitment to supporting our customers to achieve their aspirations, goals and help them maximise their full potential.The successful candidate would need to:
- Have previous experience of supporting vulnerable people
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs and risks our customers experience and an understanding of how to develop plans of support to overcome these.
- Ability to communicate well with a wide range of people, verbally and in writing.
- Must be passionate about customer service
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Capability to use a wide range of digital software
- Great organisational and observational skills
- Possess a positive "Can Do" solution focused attitude to fit in with a small team and build on the successes of this excellent service.
- Hold a full valid driving licence and have a vehicle available for work.
Who we are:
At South Yorkshire Housing Association, our purpose is for our customers to settle at home, live well and realise their potential.
Feeling settled and living well means different things to the people and families that live across South Yorkshire. So, we work with people in different ways – from our extra-care housing, to providing services and opportunities that individuals can access in their home, workplace and community, to creating houses for affordable rent.
Our employees enable us to create the best services, support, and experiences for our customers. We believe that difference makes us better, and that our services are made stronger by having a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note that we may remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 this is an excluded job.
Closing Date: Wednesday 27th October 2021, 12 Midnight
Interview Date: 1st and 2nd November 2021