Here at Stonewater, we are now looking for a People and Places Apprentice to support all aspects of planning, administering, budgeting and coordinating an exceptional Learning & Development (L&D) service and ultimately, supporting the overall People and Places service.
As our People and Places Apprentice, you will pro-actively manage the L&D calendar; liaising with internal and external facilitators and booking or procuring venues, course material, accommodation and refreshments, to ensure value for money and to meet the business needs. You will administer the L&D and wider People Team budget process, raising purchase orders, checking invoices and liaising with stakeholders to cover any departmental expenditure, and provide complete learning administration support for managing course lists, invitations, producing training materials, physical and virtual room set up and evaluation.
The People and Places Apprentice will also act as front of house for our Reading Hub, welcoming colleagues and providing support where required.
As part of the apprenticeship, you will complete qualifications relevant to the role, all funded by Stonewater!
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a genuine interest in working in a HR/Learning & Development environment.
- Be highly organised and have good attention to detail, allowing you to carry out routine methodical tasks accurately to a high standard.
- Be IT literate, particularly in Microsoft Office.
- Be self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and using own initiative.
- Have good analytical skills, able to interpret data and compile reports.
- Have a strong customer focus, aiming to constantly exceed expectations.
- Be able to build relationships and communicate effectively with confidence.
Previous administration experience is desirable, but not essential.
Appointment to this role will be subject to satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?