We are looking for an External Affairs Manager to lead on the development and delivery of our corporate promotion, stakeholder engagement and media management.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 37,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
Our purpose at Catalyst is to provide ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have substantial experience working in a similar or comparable role?
- Do you have experience of writing for different channels and audiences, communicating with political and other stakeholders?
- Do you have experience of managing media enquiries and crisis communications?
- Do you have the ability to plan and project manage competing priorities?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for an External Affairs Manager to join us on an initial 12-month contract.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as an External Affairs Manager you will:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; you will be confident representing Catalyst at meetings and when managing key relationships
- Have significant experience of communicating with stakeholders and the media including on a range of issues including sensitive subjects such as building safety, regeneration, and construction
- Have a thorough understanding of local and national political structures and be able to advise colleagues on the organisation’s approach to these relationships
- Have excellent interpersonal and relationship-management skills, including the confidence to work with and advise colleagues at all levels across the business including our leadership and executive teams
- Be able to Identify the appropriate channels for reaching and influencing our target audiences.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role is will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
View the full Role Profile
View the Catalyst Privacy Statement
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 27 days paid annual leave up, to a maximum of 30 days
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 9% by us
- Flexible and agile working
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of an External Affairs Manager, please click on the ‘Apply Now’?button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.