We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Housing and Communities to join the Leadership Team at Lewisham Homes. Managing a fast-paced front line housing service this is an opportunity to make a positive impact on our resident’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As the Head of Housing and Communities, you will be responsible for leading the delivery of day-to-day services required of a busy housing management service.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- To lead the delivery of day-to-day services:
- Housing Management
- Anti-social behaviour
- Temporary Accommodation
- Community Engagement
- To develop an agile and motivated team that can respond to peaks and troughs of demand, whilst maintaining value for money.
- To provide strategic direction and leadership in a changing environment. To establish and build on relationships with key partners and stakeholders, to ensure joined up approaches and solutions.
- To take the lead on resident engagement and ensure the resident’s voice is central to all services.
- To ensure that all activities undertaken are carried out to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
This is temporary maternity cover for up to one year or until the substantive post holder returns to work, whichever is the soonest.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Lewisham Homes is committed to continuing to create an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment, respecting diversity and avoiding unlawful discrimination during the recruitment process and the employment lifecycle. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified/experienced individuals regardless of their race, gender identity, biological sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.