Salary: £75,082 - £88,330 per annum
Hours: 36 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Clarion Housing Group is the country's largest housing association with 125,000 homes nationwide. We're a social landlord, providing affordable homes overwhelmingly for people who can't meet their housing needs on the open market, a property development company, a charitable foundation and a repairs and maintenance service.
We're seeking a Head of Responsive Repairs to provide strategic and operational leadership and direction to a regional team, ensuring the provision of complex repair services are delivered. You'll work closely with internal and external repair providers ensuring work is delivered within budget and to agreed services standards, supporting the Regional Director in the delivery of the Customer Strategy and Repairs Blueprint.
As a key member of the Regional Director's leadership team responsible for the responsive repair budget of circa £5.5m. We'll look to you to ensure all contracts are robustly managed, with suitable and appropriate arrangements in place to measure and monitor performance in terms of cost, quality of service and customer satisfaction.
You'll be required to ensure that aids and adaptations works provided by internal and external contractors, local agencies and local authorities meet agreed standards and deliver target levels of resident satisfaction and that works resulting from disrepair and statutory notices are robustly delivered and handled in accordance with policy.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensure there is a joined up locally delivered service that is consistent with national quality standards and our 2040 strategy.
- Work with the leadership team and peers across the company to develop effective performance monitoring systems to inform direction of travel and to improve service delivery.
- Develop consistent contract management processes for all sub-contractors used within the region, sharing best practice and process, and ensure interim arrangements are in place to manage major incidents and out of hours coverage.
- Promote resident involvement, ensuring that proper opportunities are provided for participation and consultation and that these processes are regularly monitored and reviewed.
You'll already extensive experience of delivering responsive repairs, at a senior level preferably in a national Housing Association and an excellent track record of delivering consistent maintenance services through a range of contractors with resulting high levels of resident satisfaction.
You'll need project management, business planning and budget management skills and a sound understanding of the social housing environment, including regulation and emerging government policy
If you are capable of building and managing successful teams and delivering at consistently high levels of customer service, we look forward to hearing from you
What are the perks?
As well as joining a supportive, hardworking and performance driven team of diverse people, here at Clarion we're dedicated to rewarding hard work and commitment and providing benefits that support you and your lifestyle. As standard we offer:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Initial 25 Days annual leave (plus bank holiday), increasing to 30 days after 3 years' service.
- A flexible benefit scheme tailored to you, inclusive of dental insurance, restaurant card, cycle to work; we also give you 1% of your salary to spend on whichever approved benefit you like!
- Matched pension contributions of up to 7.5%
- Flexible and agile working for the majority of our employees.
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Holiday trading scheme allowing you to buy and sell leave
- Free counselling and legal advice scheme for you and your family
- Interest free loans for season ticket and study leave
Our commitment to equality and diversity means that we are keen to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance, including but not limited to enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity leave, and compassionate leave.
Closing Date: Midnight on 31st October
Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams, date to be confirmed
For further details on this vacancy, please click 'apply'.
You can download the role profile here Head of Responsive Repairs
In the event that we receive a high volume of applications, we reserve the right to close this advert early. Please don't delay in submitting your application
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this vacancy; Clarion are not able to offer visa sponsorship.