At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As an Infrastructure Team Leader, your ability to deliver and manage a dynamic and secure technical infrastructure for Lewisham Homes could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As an Infrastructure Team Leader, you will be responsible for managing a team of technical staff to provide ICT Infrastructure support, optimise the performance of all elements of the network and lead on the investigation and implementation of new technologies to improve service delivery.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- To manage a team of technical staff to provide ICT Infrastructure support, optimise the performance of all elements of the network and lead on the investigation and implementation of new technologies to improve service delivery.
- To provide a cost effective, reliable and secure ICT service desk operational support and development service to meet the business and strategic needs of the organisation.
- To drive continual service improvement within the infrastructure team and to contribute to performance improvement initiatives across ICT Services and the organisation.
- To assist the Head of ICT and in the direction of the service and to assess the impact of major policy and legislative changes.
- To directly line manage a team of up to 3 technical analyst to deliver a reliable, high quality IT service to Lewisham Homes ICT users.
- To support, motivate and encourage staff to be creative, flexible and committed to providing solutions to the needs of the business and to relate to their customers in a clear, friendly and prompt manner.
- To be responsible for the recruitment, development and training of staff and for managing their performance to meet organisational objectives including implementation of the Appraisal and Development System.
- To set principles, policies and standards for the management of all problems recorded on the service desk management system.
- Own the problem management process and chair the problem review meetings.
- To ensure documentation is created and maintained to ensure customers receive a consistent service; incidents and requests are resolved efficiently and development work can be handed over to other support teams.
- To allocate technical resources to maintain a reliable service and minimise disruption to customers including establishing a schedule of system upgrades and installations.
- To ensure and maintain a robust disaster recovery and business continuity process. Promote and enforce Lewisham Homes security policies.
- To participate in the ICT project management process using PRINCE2 methodology, taking on Senior User and Senior Supplier project board roles.
- To monitor the service is meeting agreed SLAs, analyse and identify trends and take action to anticipate failures.
- To be responsible for maintaining a range of contacts and relationships and providing support to internal and external stakeholders including council officers and external suppliers.
- To deal with complaints, manage potential conflicts and act as an intermediary between the service, external suppliers and customers.
- To continuously monitor new technology developments to improve services, ensure value for money and reduce the environmental impact of ICT.
- To ensure that all services within the areas of responsibility are provided in accordance with recognised quality and professional standards including Prince 2 Project Management and ITILv3.
- To monitor the performance of service suppliers against service level agreements and other contractual terms and escalate underperformance to the line manager.
- To participate in service review meetings with suppliers and customers.
- To ensure effective communications with colleagues and service users to improve satisfaction and reduce avoidable contact.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Potential tupe on the role
Lewisham Homes has embarked on a number of technology driven change projects which include Microsoft 356, In tune Mobile Device Management ,adopting azure cloud technologies and migrating our core server & data centre service into a managed service and cloud services. You will be a key participant in delivering these projects
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.