Position: Head of Development and Growth
Location: Although our main hub is in Cheadle Hulme and that’s where we meet, you’ll need to be able to travel across our 3 regions
Salary: £65,000 per annum (plus car allowance)
Johnnie Johnson Housing (JJH) owns and manages over 5000 homes, currently within the Northwest, Yorkshire & Derbyshire and Northeast regions. We are a sound business, proud of our G1 governance and V1 financial viability ratings. We are market making in the world of Independent Living and work alongside our Astraline colleagues meaning our new homes can be different. Our customers can have outstanding homes as well as outstanding services.
Our world of development is exciting but it’s important you want to part of a strong operational leaders’ team. We work closely together, challenge and develop ourselves, to provide the best we can for our residents. We also provide an environment where our successful leaders can grow and develop.
We have a ‘northern national’ footprint, but we have big plans to develop homes all over the UK. Do you want to be an integral part of that journey? Working with the Director to bring the strategy to life and lead a team to achieve our ambition of building circa 1000 new homes over the next 11 years. We provide safe, warm and modern independent living with an ambition to seek innovation, pursuing future opportunities in the world of MMC/Modular. What can you bring to contribute to the strategy for our homes so customers to thrive?
As well as new builds to achieve growth, you’ll be key player in our Options Appraisal Plans. We have Independent Living Schemes to be refreshed and re-designed to be sustainable for the next 30-40 years, making a significant impact to the quality legacy of our homes.
To help us deliver our ambitions we seek strong partnership providing expertise and innovation in Independent Living. We are a JV North Partner and partnership working is key for us. We are about to start a process seeking out partner/s for our future – does be part of this exciting new adventure sound like something you want to be part of?
The blend of experience required for this role means we’re open to applications from all related sectors, but you must be values driven, comfortable working at pace and most importantly always putting the customer at the heart of whatever you do. You will either already be operating as a Head of Development and looking for a new challenge or you’ll be in Senior PM/DM role and are looking to make the next step into a progressive and forward-thinking business. It is key you’ll be passionate about inspiring a team to deliver.
The last 18 months has shown everyone change and technology will continue to be the norm, so you’ll need to be comfortable with and embrace digital as it continues to help us improve and work in new ways.
* Report to and work with the Director of Development, taking ownership of the day to day to operational activity to and contribute towards the delivery of the development programme.
* Accountable for the delivery of all schemes from inception to completion
* Inspire and drive the culture of being ‘one team’ and empower your team to be the best they can be
* You will have day to day responsibility for the development budget, ensuring the programme is delivered within agreed timeframes and cost settings
* Work collaboratively with colleagues and partners on the on the sales and leasehold activity making sure sales and lettings targets are met
* Develop and maintain key relationships with Homes England, Local Authorities, Contractors, Developers and External Consultants
* It’s important you’ll have a working knowledge of relevant legislation and have an eye on new changes that could affect how we build and develop properties
* Collaborate with other Heads of Service to share information and build strong relationships
* Focus on continuous improvement to exploit new opportunities and maximise potential.
We know the UK has an ageing population that is growing exponentially, so the demand for independent living is only going to keep rising, this is an opportunity for the right candidate to be integral in playing a part in providing homes that are modern, safe and attractive.
For an informal conversation and to receive the recruitment pack, please contact our Lead Consultant, Jonathan Skipp on 07715 658148 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should submit their CV and Supporting Statement online immediately for consideration!
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Greenacre Recruitment Ltd who are operating as a recruitment agency and business.