Supported Housing Manager (Homelessness) - 37.5 hours
About the Role
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experiencedSupported HousingManager to oversee either our homelessness supported housing services or our mental health and learning disability supported living services in Hertfordshire.
We have a wide range of supported living services across a diverse range of client groups. Primary needs include learning disabilities (including Autistic Spectrum Disorders), mental health, homelessness and young people. Our aim is to support our service users to develop independent living skills and achieve their personal aspirations.
Your role as a Supported Housing Manager is to:
- Be responsible for overseeing the day to day operational management of your designated patch
- Lead staff teams in ensuring that a personalised, cost effective and high quality housing management and supported living service is provided at all times
- Proactively deal with staff management issues and ensure that risks are appropriately managed
You will have experience in:
- Managing either homelessness accommodation or mental health/leaning disability supported living services
- Strong housing management skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Having the ability to motivate, inspire and manage staff to achieve consistently high levels of performance
- Respond positively to changing needs
- Achieve continuous service improvements
As a Supported Housing Manager, you will be part of the Management Team and will deputise on behalf of the Care & Supported Housing Contract Manager, as well as participate on the duty management on-call rota.
You will be passionate and driven with the desire to provide high quality person centred support services, achieve tangible outcomes and provide move on options to clients. You will have experience of working in the sector, delivery of support services to vulnerable people and will have experience of managing staff and a track record of promoting inter-agency work with colleagues and external agencies.
We are looking for passionate people with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who are able to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable people and a commitment to equality and diversity.
All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle to undertake the role.
Pay and rewards
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £37,149pa for a 37.5hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Well-equipped on-site gym
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes from our head office in Hemel Hempstead and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff. We have an annual turnover of £90 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
Closing date: Thursday 28th October2021
Interview date: Friday 5th November 2021
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice. However all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
To apply please visit our website and complete our online application form.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.