Are you looking for a new challenge where you will play a key part in developing and delivering portfolio strategies?
If so, read on to learn more!
Reporting into the Portfolio Strategy Director, you will form part of a small team leading the development of area portfolio strategy across the entire Anchor portfolio.
You will coordinate inputs from the operational business, finance, strategic asset investment, estates, health & safety, and sustainability teams. The output of this process will be a rolling programme of holistic portfolio strategies which will inform the investment programme and identify opportunities for further development of the estate.
The strategies and policies developed will be translated into plans at an asset level which can then be implemented by the Asset Investment, Estates Management and Transaction teams. These implementation plans will need to be agreed with and endorsed by the operational business to mitigate customer disruption.
Each year Anchor spend approximately £100m on portfolio investment and repairs and you will help to prioritize spend and help drive towards our goal of creating more efficiency and more homes. You will also help realise latent commercial opportunities and value in our portfolio to further support these goals.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least 5 years’ post-qualification experience in a portfolio strategy role along with a good understanding of operational property matters.
- Educated to degree level in estate management or other relevant discipline with significant professional experience in an organisation of similar scale/ complexity.
- A relevant post graduate qualification/ MBA would be beneficial.
- Member of professional estates body e.g., RICS, RIBA, RTPI. qualification (e.g., MRICS).
- Experience in leading the preparation of portfolio and property strategies, with a good understanding of feasibility studies and financial analysis of options.
- A strong understanding of cashflow analysis and the ability to scope, interrogate and interpret the options appraisal process, and generate sound risk-based recommendations and decisions.
- An understanding of feasibility studies and financial analysis of options, generating sound risk-based recommendations and decisions.
- Good business and commercial acumen, with experience of communicating with a wide range of senior stakeholders. Sound CRM skills and a strong understanding of their importance.
- A strong track record of delivering complex portfolio strategies on time and within financial constraints.
- Proven ability to identify and realise commercial opportunities within a portfolio.
- Ability to work within decision making structures and interpret complex data to inform decisions.
We need drive, determination and passion; someone who is willing to go the extra mile to achieve the right outcome for the organisation and more importantly for our customers.
Hundreds of talented professionals with a range of specialist skills and experience based in our Bradford and London offices make up our Support Services. While we all do very different things, we work towards the same goal of improving the lives of the older people who live with us.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates