Position: Step-Down Housing Support Worker (x2)
Salary: £22,548 per annum
Start Date: As soon as possible
About the Service/Department
This new community based support service will support adults with mental health conditions who are preparing for discharge from inpatient wards (Riverside Hospital, St Charles, Park Royal Mental Health Centre and Northwick Park) to dedicated step-down properties based in Brent, Harrow, Hillingdon, Westminster and Battersea.
About the role
To work with a caseload of clients with discharge related support needs.
Some other main responsibilities of the role include:
- Assertively connecting service users to other community activities and partners to promote independence and social integration
- To liaise with professionals within the community social work teams, step-down workers and partners in EACH counselling
- To work flexibly as part of a team to ensure service coverage and that contractual obligations are met
- Ability to travel across Brent, Harrow, Hillingdon, Westminster and Battersea
- Ability to deliver high quality 1:1 support services to people with a range of needs and risks
- Willingness to learn or good understanding of the range of issues, diagnoses and treatment relevant to the client group including mental health and step-down requirements
Hestia is a vibrant charity that has been supporting and empowering vulnerable adults and children since 1970.
How to apply
Please click on apply to find out more about the vacancy on our website and to submit your application.