Wheatley is one of the UK’s most dynamic, agile and best-performing large housing, care and property-management groups. Owning or managing over 93,700 homes, Wheatley delivers award-winning services to over 210,000 people across 19 local authorities in Scotland. Wheatley employs 2700 people directly and a further 2000 as joint owners of one of Scotland’s largest repairs and maintenance companies, City Building (Glasgow).
With the ongoing growth and expansion of Wheatley Group, a new role has been created as a key part of the Executive Team. The Group Director of Assets and Repairs will provide strategic advice, leadership and direction for the asset and repairs division.
- Contribute to the strategic management of the organisation, with a clear focus on the future as well as the here and now;
- Provide strategic advice, leadership and direction for the assets and repairs division, ensuring this enables the organisation to deliver high quality and modern property maintenance services, providing repairs and improvement programmes which deliver exceptional value for money and a positive customer journey.
- Lead operational repairs, investment and compliance delivery through two in-house providers and direct delivery through an existing joint venture.
- Must be operating in a senior leadership role with a proven track record of successfully leading, managing, and developing complex large-scale projects with public/private sector partnerships or joint venture partnerships at a comparable level;
- Must have a deep understanding of procuring complex housing/urban programmes or projects of a comparable nature within a public and private sector environment;
- Must provide motivational leadership, putting together high performing diverse teams focused on delivering significant results and able to work with a wide range of stakeholders.
This position offers an attractive salary, access to various pensions including local government pension scheme, employee benefits scheme and 28 days Annual Leave + 13 Public Holidays.
Wheatley Group is committed to equality and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit www.odgers.com/84207
Closing date for applications is Monday 8th November 2021.