Hillingdon Council - Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Housing Grants and Adaptations Officer to join the Housing Grants and Adaptations team on a permanent basis. This is a key role within the team as the post holder will lead on pro-actively managing a caseload from end-to-end to deliver a programme of works to residents’ homes including:
- Reviewing and constructively challenging independent assessments and recommendations where required.
- Specifying works, scrutinising the schedule of rates and agreed prices.
- Undertaking inspections ensuring that plans and specifications are being followed correctly by contractors and the work is carried out in compliance with the council's requirements, in particular with regard to health and safety.
- Certification of all disabilities facilities grants and home adaptations completed.
- Confirm payments of invoices for their portfolio of contractors and programme of works.
What will joining Hillingdon mean for me?
We understand the need to nurture and support staff, that’s why you will receive an excellent induction process when you join us, on the job support, access to a wide range of training and development as well as experienced managers who will support your work and career.
Hillingdon has recently achieved ‘Timewise’ accreditation which endorses our ongoing commitment to flexible working while continuing to maintain the same high level of service delivery to our residents. Please talk to us at interview about flexible working.
If you would like to discuss the opportunity informally, please contact Sarah-Jane Bartlett via email: SJBartlett@hillingdon.gov.uk
To be considered for this position you will need to ensure you meet the criteria set out in the Job Profile and Person Specification.
Previous experience with disabled facilities grants or other housing assistant grants is highly desirable.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- Local government average salary pension scheme.
- Free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre.
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff.
- Generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days.
- Career breaks.
- Flexible working hours.
- Season ticket loan.
- Access to a Credit Union.
- Access to a wide range of training and courses.
- Discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council.
- Payment of professional fees where these are required.
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes).
- Cycle purchase scheme.
- Car sharing scheme.
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.