Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
Our vision for this role
The Housing Services department are looking for an exceptional person who is looking to develop their housing management skills and can act as the main point of contact for our residents, taking personal responsibility for delivering the housing services they need. You will get to know your customers well and have the authority, skills and capability to address all their housing needs. Your customers will know to call you and be confident that you will take personal pride in resolving the problem.
The main bulk of the patch the successful candidate will be managing is in North London and Hertfordshire which is a busy area that requires a strong candidate to join whilst ‘hitting the ground running’.
What you’ll do
This is a rewarding and exciting position – responsible for building relationships and trust both internally within your Origin team and externally with the community you serve.
Take the lead
- Managing all advertisement of properties, where required, using the most appropriate medium available.
- Managing all customer contact, tenancy matters and reporting in relation to emergency, short and medium term decants.
- Act as a single point of contact for Customers, Contractors, the Local Authority and development in all aspects of letting properties in line with customer demand
Give your time
- Carry out our end-to-end lettings process including pre-works, viewings, post works and post occupancy.
Bring people together
- Provide feedback at regular contract meetings to support performance improvements for the team and contractors.
- Act as a single point of contact for customers, contractors and staff through the re-letting process from notification of the end of Tenancy through to re-occupation.
Come forward with a can-do attitude
- Maximise income from properties by ensuring that any rent loss is minimised.
Go the extra, extra mile
Coordinating the diverse range of functions involved in successful lettings management by working cross-functionally with other teams including income management, neighbourhood services, property services, and development and making recommendations for continuous improvement.
What you’ll need
- The right person requires a valid UK driving license and access to own vehicle for work.
- Previous experience in a Social Housing Lettings environment
- Experience of using and maintaining housing management and CRM systems.
- Working knowledge of Lettings regulations, legislation and good practise.
- Experience of day-to-day management of contractors and suppliers
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
- Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
- Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
- An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
- A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
- An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement
See our new benefits portal where you can select the options that suit your lifestyle.
Closing date: 24/10/2021
Interview and assessment date: 5th November 2021