We have an exciting opportunity available as a Business Planning Manager to join our team working on a remote basis with occasional travel to Boston. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £52,643 per annum.
Lincolnshire Housing Partnership is a 12,500 home landlord on a mission to provide great homes in strong communities across Lincolnshire.
With a recent regulatory upgrade to G1 the completion of a governance effectiveness review, a new corporate plan in development, delivery of key digital transformation projects and accreditation with Best Companies as Ones to watch you know you’re joining an organisation that has ambition.
Having recently reviewed what LHP needs from treasury and business planning to support the delivery of our corporate objectives we are now recruiting a permanent roles to report into the Head of Finance:
The Business Planning Manager Role:
This role has accountability for effective and reliable financial modelling and planning in support of the shaping and delivery of the Corporate Plan and effective decision-making, primarily using Brixx software.
You will have in-depth experience of working with Brixx in a social housing environment to develop robust business plans and will be able to interrogate and challenge such plans to ensure they are robust. You will also have knowledge and experience of financial planning and analysis and analytical techniques.
Our agile working policy means that the role can be done remotely with occasional travel to Boston, Lincolnshire.
In return for your work, we can offer:
- An attractive benefits package including generous leave entitlement and access to the Social Housing Pension scheme
- A cash plan health scheme, Agile working, An Employee Assist Programme, an Active Events Team
- Access to retail discounts and other perks through Westfield Health
- Access to a comprehensive Corporate Training Programme supporting employee learning and professional development
- An Employee awards programme
Key responsibilities as our Business Planning Manager include:
- Preparing long term financial business plans to support the requirements of the funders, regulators and Board
- Operation of Brixx forecasting model providing output and analysis for including in reports to ELT, Board and external
- Reviewing the financial business plan based on each quarter’s financial performance and producing timely and accurate reports for the relevant meetings as required
- Liaising with Finance Business Partners to understand the cost and income profile in selective areas
- Liaising with Property Services Directorate regarding long term development plans and long term component replacement strategy
- Understanding and applying appropriate working capital assumptions to the business plan on Brixx
- Liaising with Centrus on stress testing scenarios
- Supporting the Executive Director of Finance in securing agreement from ARC for stress testing
- Executing stress testing, providing analysis and commentary on the results
- Supporting Executive Director Finance to establishing mitigating actions from stress testing and in working with ELT to agree on these
- Running 'what if analysis' on initiatives, options appraisals, development plans and business cases, analysing and reporting on results (including the impact these have on stress tests)
- Oversight of development appraisals and assumptions to ensure reflect current BP
What we’re looking for in our Business Planning Manager:
- Qualified accountant
- Experience of working with Brixx in a social housing environment
- Ability to develop good working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to develop robust business plans and to be able to interrogate and challenge such plans to ensure they are robust
Closing date: Monday 1st November 2021
Interviews: Monday 22nd and Wednesday 24th November 2021
If you believe you are the right candidate for the role as our Business Planning Manager, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!