up to £74,000 + £1800 essential car user allowance
Flexible - Croydon, London, Sittingbourne, Kent or Battle Sussex
What you'll do
We’re looking for an experienced Planning Manager who wants to make a difference and strives in a challenging fast paced environment.
As Optivo’s Planning Manager within our Land & New Business division you’ll have the exciting opportunity to Advise on, manage and undertake all aspects of planning applications and planning policy in relation to Optivo’s development activity.
In this exciting new role, you will:
- Work with Optivo’s New Business Team, advise on planning risk and strategy.
- You’ll make recommendations on scheme design, timescales, financial contributions and planning conditions.
- Negotiate planning related matters with external parties including but not limited to planning authorities, vendors and contractors.
- Undertake pre-application meetings with local authorities and stakeholders / consultees to de-risk the planning strategy and application.
- Advise on the how public consultation should be undertaken for planning applications.
- Submit and negotiate planning applications and s106 agreements
- You’ll present to planning committees and other interested groups
- Advise on and manage the CIL process including relief.
What you'll need
As Optivo’s Planning Manager you’ll have a strong understanding of the development process for residentially led schemes. And have an evidenced practical understanding of the English planning system from a development management and planning policy point of view. Along with a proven track record of securing short and long term planning permissions on residentially led schemes.
You’ll be experienced in managing multi discipline (internal and external) teams within budget and program. Have Effective negotiation skills and the ability to develop effective new strategies. Along with optimising and value engineering schemes.
The role will work with a range of Internal & External stakeholders, so a positive approach to collaborative team working is essential. You’ll live our one team culture.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 27 days (rising to 30 days) plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We’ve generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities) and we’re sure you’ll agree it’s a sound package. If you’re passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.
Closing date for applications: 15 November 2021 at midnight
Interviews will be conducted via Micorsoft Teams Video Link and will take place week commencing Monday 22 November 2021
To apply, please visit our website.