YMCA Thames Gateway is recruiting for a Housing Officer at our Greenwich site.
The candidate will assist in the day to day running of two accommodation buildings, totaling 84 rooms. The accommodation is for young people in training, employment or education, or who are teenage parents.
Our aim is to meet client need by providing a high-quality service which enables individuals to:
- meet the obligations of their occupancy agreement
- address their needs if their circumstances change as well as any behavioral issues
- ultimately prepare for a positive move-on to fully independent accommodation.
You will provide constructive guidance to clients through dynamic interaction with residents; oversee rent accounts that minimise the risk of arrears and loss of accommodation.
You will also assist service users to get to a position of being able to hold down full-time employment and the ability to maintain their own tenancy, while ensuring that the highest standards of delivery are obtained
If you are looking for a new challenge, where you can really make a difference to peoples' lives, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are a vibrant, local charity that has been serving the local community for over 150 years through inclusive programmes in health & wellbeing, childcare and housing and youth work. We are passionate about providing opportunities to those who are most in need.
Summary of Job Profile
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Location: Greenwich
- Work Pattern: Monday - Sunday includes evenings
- Contract Type: Permanent
- The Job Specification and Person Specification can be found here: Housing Officer
Closing Date: Friday 29 October 2021