South Yorkshire Housing Association is an award-winning housing provider and we require an experienced Electrical Supervisor to join our Supervisory team.
The successful person will be working for our Home Maintenance Team who are a team of trade professionals providing responsive and planned repairs in the homes of our customers and stakeholders.
You will maintain the high standards expected of this team and deliver excellent customer care at all times while working to tight deadlines.This is a role working in an exciting, fast paced environment that is frequently subject to change.
- Salary - £33,977
- Working hours – 37 hours
- Benefits which include an excellent flexible working scheme, family friendly perks, wellbeing scheme, discounts scheme.
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
More about the role:
The job will entail managing a team of electricians that carry out a variety of electrical works and services in the homes of our customers and buildings owned or maintained by SYHA.
You will be responsible for delivering the repairs and stock improvement projects to our customers and stakeholders while working to achieve high standards and deliver excellent customer service at all times. You will be working in an exciting fast paced environment that is frequently subject to change
Who you are:
To meet the required criteria for this role you will need to tell us how you meet the following:
- Hold recognised Electrical qualifications and be deemed competent to undertake Supervisory responsibility for Electrical trade staff. This will include signing off completed work and becoming a member of a recognised Electrical certification scheme (NICEIC or NAPIT etc)
- Undertake inspection work on electrical works to ensure compliance with latest IEE Wiring Regulations currently 18th Edition and any subsequent revisions
- Be a member of a recognised Electrical certification scheme (NICEIC or NAPIT etc) and ensure the HMT remains compliant with the relevant requirements of the certification scheme
- Ability to organise trade teams to carry out repairs in an effective and efficient manner
- Possess the knowledge to use digital work solutions including using online applications or demonstrate a willingness to learn the required systems.
Who we are:
At South Yorkshire Housing Association, our purpose is for our customers to settle at home, live well and realise their potential.
Feeling settled and living well means different things to the people and families that live across South Yorkshire. So, we work with people in different ways – from our extra-care housing, to providing services and opportunities that individuals can access in their home, workplace and community, to creating houses for affordable rent.
Our employees enable us to create the best services, support, and experiences for our customers. We believe that difference makes us better, and that our services are made stronger by having a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note that we may remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
Closing Date: 7th November 2021 @ 23.59
Interview Date: 17th November 2021