About the Service/Department
Hestia Wandsworth & Richmond Domestic Abuse Service is accommodation and community-based service, supporting women and children fleeing domestic and other gender-based violence.
About the role
To provide immediate high quality trauma informed support and advice to victims of domestic abuse and link the service users to longer term community support and to provide hospital staff with training and advice.
- Experience of providing emotional and practical support to survivors of domestic abuse and other gender based violence
- Ability to build positive relationships with the service usersand to work in a non-judgmental way and non-directive way to empower the service usersto achieve their goals and aspirations
- Experience of risk assessing, safety and support planning for the survivors of domestic and other gender based violence
- Section 7(2) b & e of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 apply to this position – (Only Female applicants Please)
What Hestia offers
- Holiday allowance
- Company Pension
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Hestia Rewards exclusive membership (including fantastic gym membership and retail discounts etc.)
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing support tools
- If applicable to the role, Hestia will also support you on joining our existing ASYE (Assisted and Supported Year in Employment) programme if you are interested and fit the criteria.
Hestia supports adults and children in crisis across London and the surrounding regions. We campaign and advocate nationally on the issues that affect them. This includes victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people.