L&G Affordable Homes (L&GAH) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Legal & General, tasked with bringing a much-needed increase in the supply of affordable homes through the use of institutional capital to the UK social housing sector. As a business with ambitious plans to scale-up, our growth is rapid and our model aims to capture and use data digitally to drive service quality and operating efficiency.
Due to this, we are excited to be looking for a Property and Technical Manager to join the team. In this exciting role, you'll ensure that the end to end approach to asset management is robust and delivers the best commercial and quality outcomes to the business and our customers.
In this brand new role, you'll have the opportunity to use your expertise in residential housing, to work internally and with managing agents, gathering and reviewing data so that we can gain a more thorough understanding of the buildings and assets that we have. As the role evolves, you will work to establish a baseline for the business, as well as using your information and expertise will play a part in advising on future acquisitions.
What you'll be doing
- Work across the business to ensure the appropriate levels of asset and component data is captured pre handover from Developers and external stakeholders in the most efficient way possible.
- Work with Development team, Contracts team and external partners to ensure asset and component data is maintained and assured through the component lifecycle including repairs and maintenance, servicing and planned replacement.
- Review and assure approach to servicing and planned maintenance proposed and delivered by Management providers and external partners
- Work with Data team to ensure asset data assurance.
- Capture, evaluate and review product lifecycles and replacement costs in line with industry and market conditions
- Development and review of standard products and specifications considering routes to market and customer insight.
- Consider customer insight around quality of home identifying where greatest value can be delivered and where product improvements can be made
- Monitor performance at asset, building, archetype, contract and portfolio level and assist in any lessons learned to ensure asset optimisation
- Support the Head of Investment and Compliance work with Finance and the wider business to contribute to Business Planning assumptions for long term asset investment.
- Support the Head of Investment and Compliance and Head of Sustainability to consider retrofit works as part of our goal in achieving Net Zero Carbon.
What we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you'll need to be a self starter than can work under your own initiative. As we are still scaling up as a business, you''ll be curious and creative to help shape this role and the department as it continues to grow. Due to the variety of stakeholders you'll have, you'll need to have expertise in this area, and the confidence to communicate and negotiate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders. See below the experience we'd like you to have:
- Strong academic background (RICS advantageous), with experience in residential property management and property surveying
- Knowledge and experience of the affordable housing sector and the regulatory environment relating to asset management
- Strong technical expertise of the range of products, specifications, costs and product lifecycles in affordable housing
- Experience of developing major works programmes at asset and portfolio level.
- Experience of working with Developers and residential property managers
- A background in affordable housing stock condition surveys and asset data capture would be desirable
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, family private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
About the business
Legal & General Affordable Homes is a subsidiary of Legal & General Capital, which invests its long-term capital into sectors where there has been a shortage of investment and innovation, focusing on growth opportunities and scale ups. Focused on supporting the UK’s demographic and affordable living needs, and consistent with Legal & General’s housing growth strategy, Legal & General Affordable Homes is leading the evolution of the affordable housing sector with an aim to become the leading private affordable housing provider in the UK. Through collaborating with developers, housing associations and public sector bodies across the country, L&G Affordable Homes is forward-funding new build affordable housing, bringing volume institutional capital to the social housing sector with initial target markets being affordable rent, shared ownership and rent-to-buy.