Yorkshire Housing are looking for a detail-oriented Finance Officer (Accounts Receivable) to become an integral part of our Finance Team. You will manage the processing of invoices, transactions and payments to ensure the effective, efficient and accurate recording of financial transactions across all ledgers and tenants accounts.
We’re proud to be the largest housing association operating across the whole of Yorkshire. We own and manage more than 18,000 homes and we’re developing thousands more. We’re ambitious and serious about making Yorkshire Housing first choice for our customers, helping everyone to live in a quality home they can afford. We also serious about being first choice for employees and so we’re investing significantly in our systems, ways of working and our culture.
What you’ll be doing?
This role may cover both Income and Expenditure, or may be limited to one depending on volume of transactions. You will:
- Post transactions accurately to the rent ledgers to ensure tenants accounts are accurately updated on a timely basis.
- Review, and verify invoices and cheque request, also prepare and process electronic transfers and payments to suppliers and tenants.
- Post, update and review bank and cashbook transactions accurately daily and perform weekly bank reconciliations
- Produce monthly reports, assist with month end closing and provide supporting documentation for audits
- Post transactions accurately to the sales ledgers to ensure accounts are accurately updated on a timely basis and assist administering credit controls.
- File accurately all documents to ensure easy retrieval.
- Provide general administrative and secretarial support to the finance team to ensure the smooth running of the team’s functions.
The stuff that sets you apart?
We're looking for an organised, communicative colleague with strong IT and problem-solving skills and experience of working in a financial processing function to provide a full service accounts experience.
You’ll have experience of posting to ledgers and an understanding of basic accounting principles. You’ll also have technical skills for confidently using Excel, book-keeping, data entry and the self-motivation to consistently meet deadlines. Ideally you will be AAT qualified and/or working towards a professional accounting qualification (e.g. Certified or Chartered Accountant) along with experience working in a regulated sector and using Open Accounts, Orchard or GPF systems or similar. Full requirements included on the attached role profile.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a salary of £23,893 per annum for a 35 hour week, 25 days annual leave (raising annually to 30 days) plus Bank Holidays. We also promote a flexible working culture, as long as these fit in around the needs of your role. So you don’t need to take a day off to do that parent/child reading class or take your pet to the vets or doing both! But talk it over with your manager, to make sure it fits in around what you need to do and meet business needs.
We also provide a fantastic reward package to suit everyone –a variety of amazing discounts via PerkBox, a great Healthcare cash plan called Health Shied and a contributory pension scheme where we will match your contributions up to 9%! As well as our great benefits and a fantastic work environment, we’re absolutely a company that cares about its employees and its customers.
The finer print
If you are applying for this role internally you must inform your current line manager. If a competitive candidate pool is identified, we reserve the right to close the role early.