We’re Abri, a housing association based in the south of England. One of the largest in fact. We've got 35,000 homes and 1,500 colleagues. And if all our 80,000 residents lived in the same place, we’d have a town roughly the size of Guildford.
We’re a passionate bunch. We think we can make a real difference. Homelessness, poverty, inequality, a lack of affordable housing. They’re all linked. They’re issues that affect so many, young and old alike. And we don’t think that’s right. We want to give people the chance to dream big and be who they want to be. Homes are at the heart of everybody’s lives. And we exist to help make good homes, and good lives a reality for everyone.
We’ve all got different backgrounds, strengths and experiences. But we share the same values. It’s these shared values that bring us together as one team.
Our colleagues embrace these every day. Be the difference to our customers and colleagues, always curious and look for better solutions, achieve together by working in partnership with others, own it openly through working with others in an open and honest way, and finally embrace possibility and see changes and challenges as welcomed opportunities.
If you share our values and want to make a real difference in the world, you’re on to a winner and we’d love to hear from you!
Your new role
We’re excited to be looking for a new Lead Building Safety Manager to join our busy Customer Safety team to make sure our customers continue to receive a service second to none – and we need you!
You’ll ensure our customers’ wellbeing remains at the heart of everything we do - it’s our priority that they’re supported throughout their tenancy and their homes remain safe and managed to the highest standard.
No two days will be the same in this role so enthusiasm, a can-do attitude and a genuine passion for always wanting to go the extra mile will be essential as you’ll take ownership of managing High Risk Residential Buildings across Abri's geography by:
- Managing HRRB's within our portfolio, as the named Duty Holder,to ensure strategic, long term approach to building safety
- Partnering with all stakeholders to introduce and maintain information creating a golden thread. Ensuring digital data supporting Building Safety Cases is standardised and data integrity is upheld via ongoing inspection & auditing.
- Providing leadership and management of the Building Safety team to ensure the effective implementation and delivery of the emerging recommendations from the Draft Building Safety Bill, the Fire Safety Act 2021, the Social Housing White paper and the Grenfell enquiry.
- Supporting Abri in achieving and maintaining accreditation to BS9997 and/or similar.
- Fostering a good working relationship with the Building Safety Regulator to ensure their expectations are clearly understood, Oversee the relevant processes and procedures for adherence and company compliance.
- Managing the implementation and co-ordination of Fire Safety, Fire Evacuation and security arrangements within HRRB's, ensuring a safe and compliant working environment.
- Implementing a customer engagement strategy, by engaging and communicating with residents about the safe management of their building, their safety responsibilities and any issues that may arise
If this is the opportunity you've been waiting for and want the opportunity to make an enormous difference to Abri and in the lives of our customers, we'd love to hear from you!
What you can expect from us
We want our colleagues at all levels to be bold, inspiring and not afraid to speak up and be their authentic selves.
Your wellbeing is really important to us, so you can expect a competitive reward package to ensure you and your family are supported at work and at home.
We’ll work with you to help you reach your goals through personal development plans and our in-house People Development team.
Depending on your role you may need to work a set shift pattern, or you may have greater flexibility to choose when and where you work. Either way, we strive to ensure all colleagues have a degree of flexibility to attend life’s important events.
Abri is committed to promoting an inclusive culture. We want our colleagues to bring their individual differences, life experiences and knowledge into the workplace and we welcome their contribution to our amazing company. Everyone is different, everyone is unique.
Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams.
To our agency friends
We already have a number of carefully selected agency partners who know our business well and who support our in-house recruitment team during exceptionally busy periods. We’re not looking to add to our preferred supplier list right now but if you’d like to be considered at a future date please don’t hesitate to register on our procurement portal.