Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
We describe this new approach as NWOW: New Ways of Working. NWOW is about meeting business outcomes, you’ll enjoy greater autonomy over how you deliver your role, how you manage outputs and when you spend time at work, allowing you to benefit from any productivity gains in the course of delivering your role.
This shift in culture will be built on a mature and mutual relationship of trust between managers and yourselves, ensuring we live up to one of our key values of Build Trust. By working with this new relationship model we can aim toward focusing on ‘outputs’ and not ‘outcomes’. Space is allocated to ‘activities’ and not ‘individuals’ by providing a range of flexible working options that benefit both customers and staff. As a result your work can takes place at the most effective location and at the most effective time. Put simply, flexibility becomes the norm rather than the exception. This is the new Origin Housing way of working.
Our vision for this role
We’re looking for a committed and responsible person to be responsible for delivery of compliance and all maintenance primarily in relation to Fire Safety Actions and Dealing with Asbestos in line with legislation, regulation, departmental KPIs and best practice. You will be responsible for minor contracts relating to playgrounds, man-safe systems and bin chutes and their inspection, servicing and maintenance, as appropriate. You will need to ensure that appropriate contracts are in place and well managed and performing to support Origin in maintaining compliance including operational contract management of consultancy and works contracts. You will be required to create, maintain and deliver planned and cyclical work streams relating to Fire Safety, Asbestos and minor work areas ensuring budgets are set appropriately, services delivered, and contracts are assessed to achieve value for money. You will need to ensure that a high level of customer care is achieved through the team and repairs contractors, all H & S elements relating to works on site are well managed and continuous improvement is identified, reported and supported across the Compliance team. You will be responsible for implementation and monitoring of procedures relating to areas of responsibility across the team and business. Working with other areas to ensure that compliance for Fire Safety and Asbestos Management is achieved. You will also need to ensure that all records generated in monitoring, delivering and auditing compliance in the area of responsibility is accurate, up to date and available within the asset management database. You will ensure that a high level of analysis and scrutiny is undertaken on the information gathered through the team and contract management. Trends are analysed, improvements identified and implemented.
What you’ll do
This is a rewarding and exciting position – responsible for building relationships and trust both internally within your Origin team and externally with the community you serve.
At a glance you will:
Take the lead
- Ensure that full compliance is achieved with all regulations relating to Fire Safety and Dealing with Asbestos through robust contract management
- Manage electronic databases for keeping and updating all records, in order to ensure all records are up-to-date at all times.Ensure consistent asset data generated from the contracts is fed back for inputting into Origin data systems.
- Deliver compliance and maintenance services by continuous review of performance and services using customer feedback, comprehensive KPI management and contract management.
Give your time
• Keep up-to-date in terms of new products, regulations and legislation to ensure best practice.
• Undertake investigation and resolution of complaints relating to areas of responsibility.
Bring People Together
• Chair regular operational update meetings with the contractors and consultants to ensure services are delivered to the required standard.
• Carry out site inspections to validate costs and quality of work produced by auditors, consultants and contractors.
What you’ll need
• HNC/HND in building/construction related field or substantial relevant experience.
P405 or P407
• NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate or equivalent
• Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work
• Proven experience of managing contracts and delivering works in a similar environment.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
- Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
- Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
- An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
- A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
- An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement
See our new benefits portal where you can select the options that suit your lifestyle.