JOB TITLE: NEIGHBOURHOOD HOUSING MANAGER
RESPONSIBLE TO: NEIGHBOURHOOD SERVICES MANAGER
- To provide a comprehensive customer focused neighbourhood housing service.
- Support the Neighbourhood Services Manager in providing services to tenants and neighbourhoods. To ensure properties and estates are well managed and maintained ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction with Neighbourhood Services.
- Represent TCH in the community, liaising with residents, strategic partners and other agencies.
- To manage a patch of properties in accordance with the policies and procedures of TCH including managing low /medium level anti-social behaviour, tenancy management and estate and contract management.
- To draw up and implement Neighbourhood Improvement Plans and associated action plans to deliver resident centred improvements to local neighbourhoods.
- To work with internal teams and external agencies to ensure tenancy terms and conditions are enforced. Ensuring we engage with tenancy sustainment, to include support as a preventative tool.
- The tenancy and estate management of a patch of properties including the day to day management of a defined number of properties.
- Ensure the effective management of empty properties by implementing pre-void inspections and new tenant sign ups within target timescales.
- Undertake home visits and interviews to advise and resolve housing management issues, including tenancy issues or breaches of tenancy.
- Manage and monitor low level anti-social behaviour cases in line with procedures and providing customer focussed solutions.
- Undertake tenancy audits in accordance with policy and procedure to a minimum of 20% of the patch total each year to ensure that our tenancy records hold up to date information on household members and contact details, including e-mail addresses. Work with the Community Safety Team to Investigate any possible tenancy fraud or subletting identified as a result of completing the tenancy audit.
- Identify and implement minor environmental improvements on the patch from a defined budget.
- Manage and monitor relevant budgets and authorise payment of invoices in line with financial regulations.
- Work with the community on neighbourhood planning in line with business objectives for priority estates, bringing local businesses and statutory and voluntary agencies together to change and improve quality of life issues.
- Actively work with other agencies, both voluntary and statutory to provide added value to the service.
- Institute and implement customer service and new procedural activities. To include research and project initiatives as required.
- Use a range of IT and management systems effectively ensuring up to date recording and processing of data and implement new systems as required.
- Work in partnership with local councils and parish councils to instigate and manage neighbourhood projects and maintain a positive relationship with councillors and key council staff, attending meetings and consultation events where appropriate.
- To represent the Association at agency meetings in relation to individual tenants, community safety and community development.
- Carry out procedures and administration relating to tenant rights, mutual exchanges, succession, joint/sole tenancies, abandoned properties etc
- Produce reports and maintain up to date, clear records and statistics in relation to all duties including computer records.
- Attend evening meetings and be flexible to work outside core working time.